Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated Seats? I Hope This Comes to Fruition!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you want more HP, get a Plaid.
I agree on that point. I see aftermarket yolk steering wheels, carplay monitors,, and everything else to make a car look like a model it is not intended to be.

I spent the extra $2k on an M3 boost upgrade, but that made me realize that I am subconsciously telling myself that I not really happy with what I have. So I just placed an order on a new Plaid and will be dumping my 2021 M3 much sooner than I planned on keeping it.

If they make one the size of a model 3 and not the size of a Dodge ram disguised as a sedan, I will.

I would love to see a "Model R": Model 3 chassis, different front fascia, larger wing, some lower front aero, make use of the fender space (the car can easily handle much larger), up the battery/power 20-25% (0-60 in the 2.6 -2.8 area, 1/4 mile high 10s at 122-124), add air suspension and just keep the other Performance odds and ends (track mode, larger brakes).

$65K, I'd order one tomorrow. :D

(I don't know about the price, I just added $10K over the P, just remove that model variant completely, so it's like $20K more than the LR+)

On topic:

I've never had vented seats that seem to work very well, and that's across several makes/models. I love the concept, would like to see a really solid execution (sounds like the newer S had a solid working version).

About 4 years ago when I vacationed in FL I had a rented Corvette C7 convertible. Rather than ventilated seats they used a Peltier device. It worked great! Instant cold. No need to run a power hungry AC compressor. Especially with the top down and not using the climate control anyway.

I'm not an engineer but I think this could be a better answer for a Tesla. No need for perforated seats either. Could possibly also be retrofitted into a current model if someone were to take on the challenge.

About 4 years ago when I vacationed in FL I had a rented Corvette C7 convertible. Rather than ventilated seats they used a Peltier device. It worked great! Instant cold. No need to run a power hungry AC compressor. Especially with the top down and not using the climate control anyway.

I'm not an engineer but I think this could be a better answer for a Tesla. No need for perforated seats either. Could possibly also be retrofitted into a current model if someone were to take on the challenge.
Many manufacturers use just fans. They have the fans pull the air vs blow which gives a cooling effect. Uses very little power.