TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ventilated seats on 60/75 KwH cars

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Watts Son, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

I thought I had read somewhere that Tesla has now made available on 60/75 KwH cars, as part of the Premium Package, the ventilated seats that were originally only allocated to "P" cars. First off, I understand all the supply chain limitations but why would this limitation exist ? Are faster cars more likely to heat up bodies (go ahead, run with that one) ? If the seat money is already "priced in" to the higher end cars then why not just have a differently priced Premium Package or an additional add-on for just the ventilated seats on "lower end" cars ?

In any case, if you are charging the same amount for the Premium Package and it includes ventilated seats for some models but not others, is that a fair policy ? My DS emailed that the information I had received was false and that the ventilated seats were available only on 90D/100D cars.

2. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Ventilated seats are only available on the premium seats, not next gen seats. The premium seats are only available on the performance models.

Not everything available on the high end cars are available on lower end cars. Tesla mostly strays away from this pricing model (unlike other car manufacturers), but there are certain things that fall into this - ventilated seats, spoiler, red brake calipers.

• Like x 1
  3. pilotSteve

pilotSteve Member

Not true as of today! I called Tesla and changed my S90D from tan leather next gen to Ultrawhite Performance (on my last day to change!) and they did so.

Note that the price went up $1500 for this change, but I'm glad to have the ventilated and ultrawhite premium seats in my favorite color.

• Informative x 1
  4. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

At this time, the premium seats that are ventilated have only trickled down to the 90D from the P100D. I'm sure in due time, they will be available for the 60 and 75 cars, but probably won't be until next year. It's all about sales with the highest margins for this last quarter of the year. It may not be "fair" but unfortunately the way Tesla has decided to offer the option at this time.

5. Zaphod

The premium seats with ventilation just trickled down to the 90D.

• Informative x 1
  6. Max*

Max* Not Banned

Interesting. They also got rid of the P90D.

7. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

I inquired yesterday but found mine is too close to starting production to allow me to change my seats.

8. wamochi

wamochi Member

does the ultra white have ventilation now? i thought only the blackt/tan premium had ventilation ...

9. MorrisonHiker

Yes.

10. swgdan

swgdan Member

#10 swgdan, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    Premium seats with ventilation have now made it to all S models for the same price as the next gen.

11. AAARSINIC

AAARSINIC Member

I wonder if My 60D will have next gen or the newer seats. Just came out of production last night.

12. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Looks like the name "next gen" went away..

13. bswn1

bswn1 Member

Just went into production today, wonder if they made the switch already or only for new orders!

14. tonglaji

tonglaji Member

I hope they made the switch already. The new seats are much more comfortable to me. My order hasn't started production yet. I will call today to check.

15. bswn1

bswn1 Member

Let us know what you find!

16. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Wait, are "premium"seats different then next gen or just renamed?

17. Zaphod

Premium seats are different than the next-gen. Premium ones are essentially the same as what the X has. The next-gen seats have more aggressive large side bolsters.

18. MorrisonHiker

The premium seats also have the "adjustable" headrest.

19. AAARSINIC

AAARSINIC Member

I just emailed my DS to ask about the seats. My car was finished less than 24 hours before this change was made. I'll report back when I get a reply.

20. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I'm **guessing** it's for new orders only. Otherwise, someone will complain the seats aren't as comfortable, what they ordered, etc. Also, easier to manage inventory.

The reviews of the air circulation aren't that great.

I didn't find them as comfortable as the next gen. But that will be a personal thing