Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated Seats option is quietly removed from the "Premium Package"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember a few people who were delayed their orders a few months because they thought ventilated seats were coming. I would be surprised if anyone would not order the car at all because of it. Of course if you believe Tesla is going to release an improved version, perhaps people will wait for that now. It's a never ending game with Tesla.
I delayed mine for multiple reasons, one of which was ventilated seats. Once I heard the AP2 hardware announcement, I gave the go-ahead and my car went into production. I ended up missing the ventilated seats by a week. My friend ordered his next Tesla and will be getting ventilated seats...and he doesn't want them! Funny how things like that work out. He's going to see if he can still get PUP without ventilated seats.

I delayed mine for multiple reasons, one of which was ventilated seats. Once I heard the AP2 hardware announcement, I gave the go-ahead and my car went into production. I ended up missing the ventilated seats by a week. My friend ordered his next Tesla and will be getting ventilated seats...and he doesn't want them! Funny how things like that work out. He's going to see if he can still get PUP without ventilated seats.
How much would it cost to swap the seats between your cars? Is that even an option?

So I ordered on 12/30, confirmed 1/6 but the order somehow did not have PUP on the final spec even though every iteration I designed had it. . I can only imagine how I left it off the last time I saved it, but obviously I did. So I called them literally 8 hours after I received confirmation. As of last Wednesday (two days before discontinuation of ventilated seats) and 5 days after I confirmed the order, they finally confirmed they would not waive the $500 change fee (expected) and without a single complaint, I gave them the credit card number and had the PUP added. My DS and OA both said that the order had been adjusted and I'd get a confirmation in "an hour." Confirmation still has not come, 6 days later in spite of a few friendly reminders to my OA.

Here's the funny part. . . They said that they entered the order and I'd receive the confirmation within the hour. . . Now, as of today, I was told by the DS that the order went through on Friday- the day ventilated seats were discontinued.. . .lol

Taking bets on whether or not I get ventilated seats. . . I bet I don't. Just spent an extra $500 for ventilated seats and I'm not confident that I'm going to get them. Ironically, had I not messed up the order, they'd be there for sure. So funny. If I couldn't laugh I'd cry.

Trying to find the positive and the only one I can come up with is that the $500 I lost for being stupid, and the $500 (or so) in value I lost in ventilated seats only offsets my referral credit. . . Glass has to remain half full.

So I ordered on 12/30, confirmed 1/6 but the order somehow did not have PUP on the final spec even though every iteration I designed had it. . I can only imagine how I left it off the last time I saved it, but obviously I did. So I called them literally 8 hours after I received confirmation. As of last Wednesday (two days before discontinuation of ventilated seats) and 5 days after I confirmed the order, they finally confirmed they would not waive the $500 change fee (expected) and without a single complaint, I gave them the credit card number and had the PUP added. My DS and OA both said that the order had been adjusted and I'd get a confirmation in "an hour." Confirmation still has not come, 6 days later in spite of a few friendly reminders to my OA.

Here's the funny part. . . They said that they entered the order and I'd receive the confirmation within the hour. . . Now, as of today, I was told by the DS that the order went through on Friday- the day ventilated seats were discontinued.. . .lol

Taking bets on whether or not I get ventilated seats. . . I bet I don't. Just spent an extra $500 for ventilated seats and I'm not confident that I'm going to get them. Ironically, had I not messed up the order, they'd be there for sure. So funny. If I couldn't laugh I'd cry.

Trying to find the positive and the only one I can come up with is that the $500 I lost for being stupid, and the $500 (or so) in value I lost in ventilated seats only offsets my referral credit. . . Glass has to remain half full.

Wow, man, bummer, sorry to hear that. Hope you get the ventilated seats.

Reactions: Sully's8