Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ventilated seats option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be a ventilated seats option on the Model S? I don't see one on the options page.

The Model S Signature edition has perforated leather but none of the trim levels offer "ventilated" (cooled) seats.

With that said the Model S does offer the ability to run the A/C when you're not in the car so that it will be cool when you get into it.

Last edited:
The Model S Signature edition has perforated leather but none of the trim levels offer "ventilated" (cooled) seats.

With that said the Model S does offer the ability to run the A/C when you're not in the car so that it will be cool when you get into it.

Slightly related topic. I wanted to know if I chose the Leather option is it perforated leather? From the Options page, it appears that

Model: Perforated?
========================
Model S (Production): No
Model S (Perf): No
Model S Sig: Yes
Model S Sig (Perf): No

Having had both perforated and non-perforated leather in my previous cars, I prefer the perforated leather much better. I wonder why only one model has perforated leather? I wish all of them were .... or having an option to chose. They are all Nappa, heated and are 12 way adjustable though. In my opinion if they are heated, they should also be perforated.

Maybe it is just me. Perhaps someone can explain it?

I prefer the perforated leather much better.

Agreed. Perforated is my preference as well.

I absolutely loved the air-conditioned seats in my M45 back in the day. I keep holding out hope that the Model S seats we've seen to date are just placeholders. Most importantly, the uni-body construction that does away with an adjustable headrest is odd to me. But there are other small concerns such as the apparent looseness of the leather and insufficient side bolstering. The seats seem almost flat.

Here is a photo of the M seat that I enjoyed so much:

m-seat.jpg

Again, I am optimistic that a final seat design is still in the works.

Slightly related topic. I wanted to know if I chose the Leather option is it perforated leather? From the Options page, it appears that

Model: Perforated?
========================
Model S (Production): No
Model S (Perf): No
Model S Sig: Yes
Model S Sig (Perf): No

Having had both perforated and non-perforated leather in my previous cars, I prefer the perforated leather much better. I wonder why only one model has perforated leather? I wish all of them were .... or having an option to chose. They are all Nappa, heated and are 12 way adjustable though. In my opinion if they are heated, they should also be perforated.

Maybe it is just me. Perhaps someone can explain it?

Actually, 3 of the 4 are perforated seats:

Model S (Production): No (Optional w/ Nappa package)
Model S (Perf): Yes (Nappa standard)
Model S Sig: Yes (Nappa standard)
Model S Sig (Perf): Yes (Nappa standard)

cooled seats aren't an option because you can pre-cool the cabin with your smart phone.

Actually, 3 of the 4 are perforated seats:

Model S (Production): No (Optional w/ Nappa package)
Model S (Perf): Yes (Nappa standard)
Model S Sig: Yes (Nappa standard)
Model S Sig (Perf): Yes (Nappa standard)

cooled seats aren't an option because you can pre-cool the cabin with your smart phone.
Where are you seeing perforated for the Perf and Sig Perf?
I only see it in the Sig column, in the Interiors section of the P&O page.

Last edited:
The Performance variants add "Alcantara bolsters", and I assume you will still get the perforated Nappa leather in the center of the seat as I saw on the Beta models.
Read half the posts in this forum and you'll quickly realize that assuming almost always causes someone to be upset. I'd prefer to stick with facts (or at least official statements) when making assertions.

If you don't abuse them they'll last you a good long time...the last 3 Lexus's that I've had all had ventilated, perforated leather seats...no sign of wear at all after 4 years...they looked new.

I don't live in CA though...maybe you folks get more UV deterioration?