Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have them in our Model S and it was one of the features/options that I had hoped would be offered when I ordered my Model 3. Also wanted SAS and pano roof too but just couldn't wait any longer with my car being as old as it is and diminishing returns keeping it up. I can understand and agree with Tesla's approach to offering a list of slimmed down options while they work out ramping up production and am excited that we will be scheduling my Model 3 delivery tonight! But yeah, had really hoped for vented seats.

For what it’s worth, I have ventilated seats in my soon-to-be-gone Sonata. It’s kind of nice. It’s kind of not. I suspect with some tint, a sunshade, and precooling the car it’ll be a non-issue.

I’m curious how durable the new Tesla ventilated seats are. All the pictures I’ve seen of the old ones show extreme wear after a few years (and maybe that’s why their back/better than before).

What I’ll miss more is the heated steering wheel - I hate gloves and I was shocked how awesome having one was.

• Helpful
Reactions: Raechris
My previous two cars had ventilated seats - I do miss them. The preconditioning does help (especially if your vents are set low). The preconditioning cools the seats down so at least they are cold when you sit down. Of course, the times I forget to precondition - I really miss the A/C seats.

Now Tesla just needs to adjust the preconditioning to have all the air blow right on to the seats.