Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a unused grey connector like this under each of my front seats. I’m trying to verify that this will plug into the ventilated.

Sorry for the delay, my wife was out of town with her X, so I couldn't take the pictures until today.

All these pictures are from the driver's side seat, but the passenger side is exactly the same, just mirrored.
So, here is the seat control module:

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 8.12.26 PM.jpeg

I don't have any loose or unplugged cables lying around. I was able to trace (what I think) is the same cable in your second and third photo, and it is routed from one end to the actual fan, which is located a bit to the right of the seat bottom, connects to a plug on the middle of the seat, and then goes all the way back to the seat control module along the left side (the same side as the center console):

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 8.12.25 PM (1).jpeg

The only differences I could tell is that the male side of the cable on our X is wrapped in electrical tape, BUT the female side has the shiny black insulating tube, like the male plug on your photo. Also, we have a tag hanging from the insulating tube that says: Fan Assembly:

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-09 at 8.12.25 PM.jpeg

I am in the process of ordering two ventilated seats

Just curious, has the Service Center agreed to change the Gateway.config file on your X in order to enable the seat ventilation button on your MCU? 🤔

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, my wife was out of town with her X, so I couldn't take the pictures until today.

All these pictures are from the driver's side seat, but the passenger side is exactly the same, just mirrored.

View attachment 694490

I don't have any loose or unplugged cables lying around. I was able to trace (what I think) is the same cable in your second and third photo, and it is routed from one end to the actual fan, which is located a bit to the right of the seat bottom, connects to a plug on the middle of the seat, and then goes all the way back to the seat control module along the left side (the same side as the center console):

View attachment 694497

The only differences I could tell is that the male side of the cable on our X is wrapped in electrical tape, BUT the female side has the shiny black insulating tube, like the male plug on your photo. Also, we have a tag hanging from the insulating tube that says: Fan Assembly:

View attachment 694534

Just curious, has the Service Center agreed to change the Gateway.config file on your X in order to enable the seat ventilation button on your MCU? 🤔
Omg!!!! Thank you so much for those pictures!! That’s exactly what I needed to verify!! And as far as the config, yes I have that all covered on the d/l 🤫😬

djillusion,
Thank you for your response to my question. Found a 2018 X 100D with white exterior and interior. No ventilated seats. Dealer asking 83K. How are you liking the P100D? There is a 2017 X P100D In the Dallas area and the seller is asking 91K.

Reactions: djillusion
djillusion,
Thank you for your response to my question. Found a 2018 X 100D with white exterior and interior. No ventilated seats. Dealer asking 83K. How are you liking the P100D? There is a 2017 X P100D In the Dallas area and the seller is asking 91K.

i really enjoy the P100D. i drive in luda mode primarily and having the additional power is just too fun to stay away from. i much rather have the performance on tap ready to go vs. not having it at all.

i don't have direct experience with the white interiors, but i assume they can get tired with alot of use. not 100% sure though. i have a the black interior with the CF trim and black headliner. with the vented, perforated seats (in the 6 seater configuration with center console) - its a unique X! =)

Reactions: Pacernow

View attachment 694490

View attachment 694497

View attachment 694534

Just curious, has the Service Center agreed to change the Gateway.config file on your X

View attachment 694490

View attachment 694497

View attachment 694534

Any idea of which type of seats they are. Here are the options in the gateway.

Attachments

• 3F5F604E-9515-426C-9BB6-E6B8A7040B9B.jpeg
    3F5F604E-9515-426C-9BB6-E6B8A7040B9B.jpeg
    708.5 KB · Views: 52
Any idea of which type of seats they are. Here are the options in the gateway.

Great question! 🤔

Had to get the laptop and go to the garage and check:

"description":"Identifies the type of front seat ventilation that is installed",
"content":{
"enums":[
"codeKey":"KONGSBERG",
"description":"Kongsberg",
"value":"4"
}
]
},
"accessId":"frontSeatVentilationType",
"codeKey":"seat_vent",
"products":["ModelSX"]
},

Great question! 🤔

"description":"Identifies the type of front seat ventilation that is installed",
}
]
},
},
Art! Once again your a life saver. Thank You! Much Appreciated

Great question! 🤔

}
]
},
},
Does your raven have ludicrous enabled?

Great question! 🤔

}
]
},
},
I have an app that I can pull some data from. What’s weird is it says my rear seats are FuturisFoldFlat. I have a 7 seat X with white interior. I still think I’m going to set the vent type to Kongsberg since I know you have the same year and model X and those are the year seats I have ordered. What color interior is you wife’s? Maybe it’s the color code?

Attachments

• 6B9F1554-41A1-4740-9BD6-999E0937A974.jpeg
    6B9F1554-41A1-4740-9BD6-999E0937A974.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 49
Great question! 🤔

}
]
},
},
Just an Update, my ventilated seats finally came in from Tesla. I installed them and everything worked great! Thanks again Art for all of your help. Was a lot easier pulling the plug on ordering them after you verified the plugs and settings for me. Much appreciated! Now just have to sell my old ones lol.