Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I wonder when/if the ventilated front seats make it to the production version and Model S. It seems silly to wait for such a small feature, but I drove my father-in-law's chevy pickup and the ventilated seats were pure joy.

Are these ventilated seats just the seat bottom, or does it include the entire seatback as well? One of my biggest complaints about most "cooled" seats is that all the cooling is focused on the butt and thighs, so your back (especially upper back) continues to sweat even at the highest fan setting.

Are these ventilated seats just the seat bottom, or does it include the entire seatback as well? One of my biggest complaints about most "cooled" seats is that all the cooling is focused on the butt and thighs, so your back (especially upper back) continues to sweat even at the highest fan setting.

It would appear that it is only the seat bottoms according to Tesla reps.

Clear as mud! ;-)

Yep, frustrating at this point. I was very clear in my question to inside sales, they paused, seemed to lookup or ask someone else - and then said butts and backs. The one possible validating point is that in the Design Studio, the ventilation holes appear to run up the visible part of the back of the seat. That could simply have been a rendering mistake on that image thought. So..what the heck knows ;)

Sean

If someone would click on the "learn more" text in the design studio, you could find out if it is only the bottom or also the back. See this video Tesla Model X Production Design Studio Walkthrough - YouTube (8:00 for options and red "learn more" text)

Unfortunately i am not a reservation holder or otherwise capable person to get acces to the design studio of the X.

I can see where it would seem that way, but that does not answer the question. When you click the Learn More link, all it does is shift a new image and text into view at the top of the Premium package, with vauge copy that does not specify where the perforations will be:

image.jpeg