TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ventilated seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by rcarpen22, Sep 30, 2015.

1. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

Did it look like the seats had perforations for ventilation? I really want that.

2. Newb

Newb Member

If you're a Sig reservation holder, you'll get them. Ventilated seats with heating and cooling are a Signature series feature: Model X Configuration has begun!

3. 777dgt

777dgt Member

#3 777dgt, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Correct, in the 7 seat configuration, 7 seats have heat and the first 5 have cooling. In the 6 seat configuration, 6 seats are heated, but only the front 2 are cooled/heated.

4. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Where did you get this info? I've always thought the first two are the only ventilated ones in either case.

5. 777dgt

777dgt Member

Info by phone when I switched to the 6 seater. I was specific about my questions. Of course, the Tesla distortion field could have been in use.....

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I'm more curious about second row.

7. rcarpen22

rcarpen22 Member

So I wonder when/if the ventilated front seats make it to the production version and Model S. It seems silly to wait for such a small feature, but I drove my father-in-law's chevy pickup and the ventilated seats were pure joy.

8. Phil Seastrand

With the production configurator it looks like you need the premium package to get ventilated seats. But, do you have to get the sub-zero package in order to get heated seats in the front row?

9. timf

timf Member

Heated front seats are standard. The sub-zero package gets you second (and third, if equipped) row heated seats along with a few other things.

10. Phil Seastrand

11. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Are these ventilated seats passive or active? If passive then it's probably just holes and some breathable padding. If active then I am not exactly sure how that would work.

12. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Are these ventilated seats just the seat bottom, or does it include the entire seatback as well? One of my biggest complaints about most "cooled" seats is that all the cooling is focused on the butt and thighs, so your back (especially upper back) continues to sweat even at the highest fan setting.

13. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

It would appear that it is only the seat bottoms according to Tesla reps.

14. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

And yet more conflicting info from Tesla reps. SeanA says seat back and bottoms in a post is this thread...

Production X Configuration Has Begun! - Page 17

15. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Yup, the information is very fluid at the moment. Frustrating. I hope the above link is accurate and the final word. It would be nice to have backs and butts cooled off in the summer months.

16. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Mark with founders vin 3 says that he is not sure/can't really tell, but he thinks maybe only the bottom.

17. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Clear as mud! ;-)

18. SeanA

SeanA Member

Yep, frustrating at this point. I was very clear in my question to inside sales, they paused, seemed to lookup or ask someone else - and then said butts and backs. The one possible validating point is that in the Design Studio, the ventilation holes appear to run up the visible part of the back of the seat. That could simply have been a rendering mistake on that image thought. So..what the heck knows ;)

Sean

19. CO2CLEAN

CO2CLEAN Olivier Willemsen

If someone would click on the "learn more" text in the design studio, you could find out if it is only the bottom or also the back. See this video Tesla Model X Production Design Studio Walkthrough - YouTube (8:00 for options and red "learn more" text)

Unfortunately i am not a reservation holder or otherwise capable person to get acces to the design studio of the X.

20. SeanA

SeanA Member

I can see where it would seem that way, but that does not answer the question. When you click the Learn More link, all it does is shift a new image and text into view at the top of the Premium package, with vauge copy that does not specify where the perforations will be:

image.jpeg