Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilated Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"AC cooking seats" as in Alternating Current cooking seats? Better be a typo than an option :D

Anyway, the seat ventilation is not AC cooled - just a fan pulling air from under the seat. I dont think the ventilation is easily noticeable, especially by hand, but it is notable when you are seating on it.

I've noticed some on here complain about "insufficient" air flow of the ventilated seats but to me it's alright, on par with other vehicles I had. After all, I dont think much flow is needed to produce cooling effect on my behind.

I am surprised it is only butt? I test drove the X and I could have sworn I felt air on my back. It is hot here in FL and I even commented how strong I thought it was - the Tesla rep said it doesn't blow air but sucks air in through the seat. I don't know if that is true?

I am surprised it is only butt? I test drove the X and I could have sworn I felt air on my back. It is hot here in FL and I even commented how strong I thought it was - the Tesla rep said it doesn't blow air but sucks air in through the seat. I don't know if that is true?

It's true
Yup. A local near me did a test at one point. I know he posted about it here too somewhere. It pulls air through from the bottom. If I can find the thread I'll link it.