Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anybody else has this problem. Model X 90D.

The air flow on the 2nd row, driver's side vent is markedly decreased compared to the 2nd row, passenger's side vent.

When I first noticed the problem, there was actually no air flow in the 2nd row driver's side vent. I took it into the SC and they found an obstruction and fixed the issue. Airflow was now detected, but since then I've noticed there is a discrepancy in the airflow between the driver and passenger side of the 2nd row vents.

SC rep explained to me that the fan blower for the rear climate control is located near the trunk of the passenger side, which would be located as far away from the 2nd row driver's side vent. My rep compared the rear climate control ventilation in three other new Model X and they all have the airflow discrepancy for the 2nd row vent between the driver and passenger side.

Along with the discrepancy, the fan speed for the rear climate control isn't accurate. For fan speed 1-5, it appears that the fan is barely blowing air (driver side worse than passenger side). For fan speeds >6, I can feel the airflow better. This is very different compared to the front climate control where at fan speed 1, i can tell there is adequate air flow through the vents. SC rep also noticed this in 3 other new Model X.

It also appears to me that the AC for the rear climate control isn't as cold as the front climate control.

Troublesome to think that there should be any ventilation discrepancy at all for the rear climate control. If this is all normal based on the construction of the car, I can deal with it. I just wanted to know if this is true for all the other Model X out there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks