Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ventilation on HOT days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looking for others thoughts on how Tesla will handle hot interior (since we don't have a real car yet and all we seem to be able to do is speculate...) The long non-aiming vents that the RCs have seem like they might lack that blast of AC you want when you crawl into a blazingly hot car in the summer. I know I tend to point my vents at my face until it starts to cool down....
screen-shot-2017-05-30-at-09-03-30-png.228940

Also, for all we know, the final dash will have vents that aren't in the "hand built" RC ones. There's absolutely no way to tell with the current information we have.

I for one am looking forward to coming out to a pre-cooled car on hot days, regardless of how the cool air makes its way into the cabin.

Exactly this.

So many people have commented on the lack of vents and being able to blast your face with air in a hot car. But what hot car??? Simply cool the car down before you get into it and you don't have to worry about it.

The car needs a cell connection to be able to use the app. Mine is parked in a remote area during the day with good Verizon service but terrible AT&T service. My luck with getting the app to work for preconditioning is 50/50.

Exactly this.

So many people have commented on the lack of vents and being able to blast your face with air in a hot car. But what hot car??? Simply cool the car down before you get into it and you don't have to worry about it.
I don't think cars should be designed to ASSUME constant connectivity or unfettered charging access. You should design them to assume you WONT have those things.

Reactions: alseTrick