TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ventilation on HOT days?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by insaneoctane, May 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

Just looking for others thoughts on how Tesla will handle hot interior (since we don't have a real car yet and all we seem to be able to do is speculate...) The long non-aiming vents that the RCs have seem like they might lack that blast of AC you want when you crawl into a blazingly hot car in the summer. I know I tend to point my vents at my face until it starts to cool down....
    [​IMG]

2. McManX

McManX Member

Use the app to cool the car before you get there

• Like x 2
  3. MogWV

MogWV Member

I don't know how anyone could rightfully say if they haven't actually sat in the car.

4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Member

Agreed, but I am curious if someone has thought of something I haven't that addresses this potential issue.

5. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Who's to say the vents cannot be aimed? That's one of the few details no one outside of Tesla really knows how it functions. For all we know whatever they came up with works better. I'm sure we will find out soon enough.

• Like x 2
  6. Runt8

Runt8 Member

Also, for all we know, the final dash will have vents that aren't in the "hand built" RC ones. There's absolutely no way to tell with the current information we have.

I for one am looking forward to coming out to a pre-cooled car on hot days, regardless of how the cool air makes its way into the cabin.

7. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

In the future, having cool air blown on you on a hot day will no longer be considered enjoyable. That's why musk got rid of the vents. He's a visionary.

• Funny x 2
  8. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Exactly this.

So many people have commented on the lack of vents and being able to blast your face with air in a hot car. But what hot car??? Simply cool the car down before you get into it and you don't have to worry about it.

• Like x 1
  9. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

The car needs a cell connection to be able to use the app. Mine is parked in a remote area during the day with good Verizon service but terrible AT&T service. My luck with getting the app to work for preconditioning is 50/50.

• Like x 2
  10. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

I don't think cars should be designed to ASSUME constant connectivity or unfettered charging access. You should design them to assume you WONT have those things.

• Like x 1