Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting....about future loss of vent function

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to blow off a little steam.

Taking away features is not a way to fix a deficienct design!

I might not ever update again, and if I am forced too, might sell the car.

Any thoughts on work arounds?
Not true. Taking away features is sometimes a way to solve a problem.
It may not be the way you want, but it’s one solution.

Just a heads up; you bought a computer on wheels, driven by software.
Software, and software running hardware, has and will always will have bugs.
That’s been true since Microsoft created windows. What year was that ?
If your car driving experience becomes to intolerable due to inevitable software bugs, you have options.

1. You can recruit others into your intolerable experiences as you have done when creating this thread.
2. You can hold off on updates for some time, but that’s short term.
3. You can sell the car you might have made a poor decision to buy.
4. You can buy a car with no significant computer driven software. (They still exist for a while anyway.)
5. You can buy another electric car manufacturers car, because they all have much better software and is much less buggy than Tesla..
I’m sure there are other options, but that will get you started. :)

Need to blow off a little steam.

Taking away features is not a way to fix a deficienct design!

I might not ever update again, and if I am forced too, might sell the car.

Any thoughts on work arounds?
Seriously, sell the car for a feature that was forcibly removed due to regulations being so far behind? Maybe you should blame all the ppl who are quick to file complaints about pinched fingers?

• Funny
Reactions: M109Rider
5. You can buy another electric car manufacturers car, because they all have much better software and is much less buggy than Tesla..
Best laugh of the day. Have you seen other car reviews that have "sophisticated software"? The software is often a mess. Most automakers other than Tesla haven't ever written UI software and just buy off-the-shelf junk and hobble something together. The front screen looks flashy - just don't try to get through the layers of illogical menus. Getting bugs fixed takes years if they are ever fixed. Companies like VW have thousands of software engineers, but can't produce functional software. Others are similar.

Ok, Tesla deserves some shame too, but they do fix stuff and improve quite a bit along the way. Security is top notch too, something other car companies dream of - maybe in their 2030 model year.

Best laugh of the day. Have you seen other car reviews that have "sophisticated software"? The software is often a mess. Most automakers other than Tesla haven't ever written UI software and just buy off-the-shelf junk and hobble something together. The front screen looks flashy - just don't try to get through the layers of illogical menus. Getting bugs fixed takes years if they are ever fixed. Companies like VW have thousands of software engineers, but can't produce functional software. Others are similar.

Ok, Tesla deserves some shame too, but they do fix stuff and improve quite a bit along the way. Security is top notch too, something other car companies dream of - maybe in their 2030 model year.
I was actually being sarcastic. :)
I’m fully aware of Teslas huge lead as it relates to software.

Reactions: ElectricIAC