Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting - Model 3 should come with the lift pucks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Theres another thread on that here: Putting the 3 on all 4 jack stands

Im gonna just go ahead and beat the dead horse....You don't need pucks.

The lifting points sit proud of the battery. As long as you lift with a flat surface, you are totally fine (many shop lifts and home jacks have this).
i think it's more for protecting the jack points from scratches no? If you use a puck there's nothing to scratch but a jack would marr the jack point.

Doesn't everyone growup playing ice hockey? Have 4 spare pucks laying around, or $10 for 4 at Dicks. Drill a ¾" hole half way thru each puck, glue a piece of leftover ¾" PEX in. Trim to fit. Wrap hockey tape around the PEX, to get the final fit, just right, so that the pucks hang. When you take it to a tire shop, you just put the pucks in. They'll figure it out from there.
View attachment 599350

You must have a lot of time on your hands. I just spent the $20 for a set. Well worth my time.

Just went to get my tires rotated. I thought most shops had padded lifts and could do Teslas. This place (NTB) didn't; said I need the hockey pucks. I don't have them, so now have to order them, wait for them, and waste time going back in for a tire rotation.

Why does a $60k car that differs from all other cars in that it needs these pucks just in order to lift it without damage not come with them included. They cost $20 on Amazon for the set of four. Tesla would do well to just include them and spare their owners this pointless headache.

Tesla clearly doesn't want owners coming to Tesla Service for tire rotation, since they charge a ridiculous fee. These cars are supposed to be low cost and hassle free to maintain. So make it that way.

Uggh.
Purchase a set from Amazon for $30 and be done with it.