Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting-post sale customer service... sigh... (i

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I'm going not get a lot of empathy for this and will likely get flamed.

You know, Tesla is beating expectations, they are selling cars out the door, they're beating sales estimates and profits, their stock price is through the rough. But something I noticed when I was dropping of my car is the number of new cars with new dealers plates at service center near where I live getting fixed (I will not name the actual SC center). Ok quality control issues.

Fair enough, but I have an issue with my car. First day (Tuesday) they said my car is in queue, 3 cars ahead of me, then next day they're diagnosing, then next day, car will be ready Friday. Friday AM, car will be ready this afternoon. Now car will be ready Next Monday. Jeeeeez man. Are they even working with on my car?

Please Tesla, scale up your operations. Please! Please put some focus on the post buyer experience. I want to keep buying your car, but this is pretty poor. I'm relying of ****ing uber credit to get around and they didn't even give me a rental or loaner car what soever. So yes I can't even go to the office which with the pendemic, I am expected to come in 2x a day. And forget doing errands.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can kinda track your car at service by monitoring it's GPS location. They don't disable remote access until it get's pulled inside the service center to work on, so if it's "in-the-queue" still in the parking lot, you can track on your app, and call BS on them working on it.

Good news is once you get the delivery quality problems worked out, the car should be pretty worry free.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
No to clarify, I've owned the car for 1 1/2 years. I noticed the new cars visiting the service center for issues maybe QC related issues or who knows. Just weird seeing 7 Tesla queuing to check in and 4 have new dealer plates.

It's getting the steering wheel adjustment motor changed, and also fix the clicking caused by the Mobile Ranger who made the problem worst.

I texted the service advisor I need a loaner car or rental.

Anyway I hope these new EV coming out give Tesla a run for its money. Competition will make them step up their game.

When I went to pick up my first Model 3 it had some cosmetic issues so I rejected it. I had already sold my Lexus and there was a two week wait to get another one. I told them I need a loaner. They pushed back. I pushed back. 30 minutes later I drove off with a Model S Performance demo which I kept for the entire two weeks while waiting for my new Model 3.

Last week the A/C stopped working on my Model 3. We were having a heat wave and the first available appointment was two weeks out. I called the service center and told them I can’t go two weeks without air conditioning. They said there were no available appointments. I asked them to check again and they got me in the next day.

So the lesson I’ve learned with Tesla is you need to be pushy when you don’t get an acceptable answer. Otherwise you will get pushed to the back of the queue and you will get very frustrated with them.

They fixed my AC the same day I dropped it off. It had a bad sensor. As long as they have the parts in stock for your car it should only be 1-2 days for them to return it to service.

When I went to pick up my first Model 3 it had some cosmetic issues so I rejected it. I had already sold my Lexus and there was a two week wait to get another one. I told them I need a loaner. They pushed back. I pushed back. 30 minutes later I drove off with a Model S Performance demo which I kept for the entire two weeks while waiting for my new Model 3.

Last week the A/C stopped working on my Model 3. We were having a heat wave and the first available appointment was two weeks out. I called the service center and told them I can’t go two weeks without air conditioning. They said there were no available appointments. I asked them to check again and they got me in the next day.

So the lesson I’ve learned with Tesla is you need to be pushy when you don’t get an acceptable answer. Otherwise you will get pushed to the back of the queue and you will get very frustrated with them.

They fixed my AC the same day I dropped it off. It had a bad sensor. As long as they have the parts in stock for your car it should only be 1-2 days for them to return it to service.

Maybe that's the issue, they don't have the part, if that's the case, let me know and let me have my car back! Ugh, this car has been great but I've always heard about the Tesla service center experience so I guess its my right of passage.

There was a gap underwear my battery cover area (the plastic panel was puckering from the body, and I lived with it for the time of ownership and choose to not have it fixed thinking I would experience poor service center experience) so when I really did need to take my car it, its not my turn to experience this.

Ok counting my blessings, looking on the bright side, at least I have a Tesla. Plenty of people in worst shape. Positive thoughts.

Reactions: Phlier
something I noticed when I was dropping of my car is the number of new cars with new dealers plates at service center near where I live getting fixed (I will not name the actual SC center). Ok quality control issues.

Yep, same at my nearest sc. The car park is almost overflowing with cars waiting to be fixed.

Thus rendering any proposed? pdi on newly delivered cars as non existent, thus more delivery faults to be fixed, adding to the "fix it later" conveyor belt business model of Tesla.

Rinse & repeat!

• Informative
Reactions: Rottenapplr
I need to get the battery breathers installed per the 'recall'. The banging and clanging is annoying during supercharging and altitude changes. However, there is no way I am going in for this until something more pressing comes up. I cannot recall a single time I have gone in to get something fixed where it hasn't come back with damage or needing their fix to be corrected.
I am still waiting for the replacement seat identified during initial pickup in Feb 2018. That was 32 months ago.

Teslas are great.
Tesla service (at least in my area) is a steamy floater.

Yep. Service is a weird and painful experience.

They want you to do everything through the app so you can't complain, escalate or push. The Service Center has ONE number and there's not the typical "Press 1 for Sales, 2 for Service, 3 for Parts." You get someone who tries to get you to use the app or goes and talks with service. It's like some secret society.

I was told to bring my car in the day after delivery for a malfunctioning camera. When I got there, everything was locked up tight, but I could see people in the garage. Had to jump and wave at the window until someone saw me and opened the garage door. They did look at my car (within an hour) and told me they'd order a new repeater camera. That was 2 weeks ago. Obviously they have no parts distribution - everything is piecemeal. I found a repeater on eBay off a salvage 3. Got it in 2 days and swapped it out and recalibrated and now I have a fully functional car. Wonder if I'll ever hear if that part finally arrives.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
You know just screen shot your post or your messages with tesla rep and post it on their google reviews. That’s all you can do until they wake the f up. That’s why competition is so good. We need a strong player out here. It can be Revian or Lucid Dreams or Polestar or Ford, I don’t care but the more competition with compelling EV the better for everyone. No company is number one forever, eventually the sun will set for tesla hopefully in ten years (when I buy a car again) tesla either improves or EV are so common there’s tons of alternatives.

I know I'm going not get a lot of empathy for this and will likely get flamed.

You know, Tesla is beating expectations, they are selling cars out the door, they're beating sales estimates and profits, their stock price is through the rough. But something I noticed when I was dropping of my car is the number of new cars with new dealers plates at service center near where I live getting fixed (I will not name the actual SC center). Ok quality control issues.

Fair enough, but I have an issue with my car. First day (Tuesday) they said my car is in queue, 3 cars ahead of me, then next day they're diagnosing, then next day, car will be ready Friday. Friday AM, car will be ready this afternoon. Now car will be ready Next Monday. Jeeeeez man. Are they even working with on my car?

Please Tesla, scale up your operations. Please! Please put some focus on the post buyer experience. I want to keep buying your car, but this is pretty poor. I'm relying of ****ing uber credit to get around and they didn't even give me a rental or loaner car what soever. So yes I can't even go to the office which with the pendemic, I am expected to come in 2x a day. And forget doing errands.

You got to complain to Elon on Twitter. Complain that's there's not enough service centers. Also we need more superchargers. The super chargers around NYC are ridiculous. One, there's no superchargers in the city (they are either in garages or 75KW chargers). There's only like 2 or 3 super chargers in the whole of Long Island. The Jersey chargers are all packed and take forever to charge a car.

Reactions: Phlier
It depends if they need to use your car as a loaner for an irate customer that pushes back on uber credits, lol.
Iol :p well that customer is gonna complain his loaner car’s, a beautiful red model 3, has a steering wheel clicks when it turns, the steering adjustment doesn’t work therefore the driver can barely fit, and tesla has subpar broken loaner cars unlike BMW and Mercedes.