Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Venting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent heat I have taken to venting the car from my test app for a few hours in the day. My office is at the front of the house so I can see the car when I do it.
This morning I discovered that when I last pressed to close the window, the car had shut all but the drivers window (which is on the side I can't see from the house). There was a storm lastnight... So the car now has water in it, lucky for me there was not that much, so I have dried it off with a towel.
From now on I will check that the car has done what I have asked rather than take it on blind faith.

If you have TeslaFi, it can notify you after a period of time (default 15 minutes) if any windows (or doors) are left open. It will now tell you which one.

You can also check the app, and if the window button still says close rather than turns to vent, it also indicates that a window is open. If this does not occur, you should book a service visit as it should say 'close' unless all windows are closed. Sounds like you have a fault anyway with a window not closing. So worth mentioning both on the service request.

You do know that there is a cabin overheat protection setting which can be turned on, with a choice of cooling using ventilation fans only or the air con. The latter setting is apparently the more effective. It is designed to keep the cabin temperature below 40 C and doesn’t use much of the battery.

If you have TeslaFi, it can notify you after a period of time (default 15 minutes) if any windows (or doors) are left open. It will now tell you which one.

You can also check the app, and if the window button still says close rather than turns to vent, it also indicates that a window is open. If this does not occur, you should book a service visit as it should say 'close' unless all windows are closed. Sounds like you have a fault anyway with a window not closing. So worth mentioning both on the service request.

I do have that on. So I was surprised that the window was open. All the other windows were closed.

I didn't realise about the Cabin overtemp thing. So i will know better for next time.

Mine does this, but the front passenger and not everytime.

Teslafi points it out and also the app tip above.

In the manual you can reset the window, keep meaning to give it a try. Suspect it may fix the issue.

On mine the window shuts then bounces back open