Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vents next to the fog lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yesterday I noticed that the vents next to the fog lights on my S85 opens and colose for just few seconds while the car was parked in garage not been driven at all that day. They open and close every 5-10 minutes or so and stay open for just few seconds with no noticable fan noice. Is that normal or something goes funky here.

Thanks

I don't have the 10 second open & close issue, but I did notice these louvers being in the open position for a while after driving the car. There was another thread that mentioned this, and a poster mentioned the this may be part of the cooling system for the battery.

On a side note, I was in the Honolulu - Ala Moana Tesla Store yesterday passing time while the wife went shopping, and the red MS sitting inside the store entrance had it's louvers closed as I chatted with a sales person and told him about this louver question. Initially, he too thought the two front side intakes were fake, so I told him about what I've read in the forums. After a few minutes, I turned and looked at the car, and low and behold, the two sets of louvers had opened. Keep in mind these showroom models are for display at had not been driven during the 45 minutes that I was at the store. The cars parking lights were on and people were just fiddling with the touchscreen. I speculate that this causes activity with the battery, combined with the ambient air temperature, the car needs to activate the battery's cooling system in an intermittent fashion. As a result, the louvers open and close now and then. Acho, it wouldn't hurt to call your SC and ask a Service Adviser if you should bring your car in, if you think that the louvers are defective in operation.

I don't have the 10 second open & close issue, but I did notice these louvers being in the open position for a while after driving the car. There was another thread that mentioned this, and a poster mentioned the this may be part of the cooling system for the battery.

On a side note, I was in the Honolulu - Ala Moana Tesla Store yesterday passing time while the wife went shopping, and the red MS sitting inside the store entrance had it's louvers closed as I chatted with a sales person and told him about this louver question. Initially, he too thought the two front side intakes were fake, so I told him about what I've read in the forums. After a few minutes, I turned and looked at the car, and low and behold, the two sets of louvers had opened. Keep in mind these showroom models are for display at had not been driven during the 45 minutes that I was at the store. The cars parking lights were on and people were just fiddling with the touchscreen. I speculate that this causes activity with the battery, combined with the ambient air temperature, the car needs to activate the battery's cooling system in an intermittent fashion. As a result, the louvers open and close now and then. Acho, it wouldn't hurt to call your SC and ask a Service Adviser if you should bring your car in, if you think that the louvers are defective in operation.

I don't know if deffective but opening for such short time does not make anu sense to me - no fan activated and open for 10 seconds does not coll anything.

Will stop by and ask them.

I wouldn't notice it if I wasn't right infront of them for couple of hourz /i know it sounds idiotically but I was wraping my bumper, not just staring at them/