Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ver. 2020.12.5 but no dashcam viewer on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MCU2 came in March 2018.
I cannot imagine MCU1 being powerful enough for the Dashcam Viewer, showing all 4 video-streams at the same time.

Dashcam Viewer being "MCU2 only" is only logical.
I warmly recommend upgrading to MCU2 by the way. It's so so much faster than MCU1. Everything you do ist just so snappy and responsive.

MCU2 came in March 2018.
I cannot imagine MCU1 being powerful enough for the Dashcam Viewer, showing all 4 video-streams at the same time.

I warmly recommend upgrading to MCU2 by the way. It's so so much faster than MCU1. Everything you do ist just so snappy and responsive.
Yes but you loose FM AND DAB+ (numeric radios)

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
MCU2 came in March 2018.

And how does one upgrade to MCU2?

EDIT - I now see I will need to be contacted by Email. I have free internet and radio and such now. Will I lose that and have to pay 10 bucks a month if I upgrade my 2017 P100D with FSD?

Last edited:
Reactions: UncaNed
No. I believe you AP 3 HW for that. We have had it since day one on our Model 3 with AP 3 HW. Never had it on our 2018 X with MCU 2 and HW 2.5.

got to drive a little today in the 3, cones now show with HW2.5. My X same hardware said it shows cones in the release notes like the 3, I’m guessing it will show the cones too...haven’t taken the X out yet.

got to drive a little today in the 3, cones now show with HW2.5. My X same hardware said it shows cones in the release notes like the 3, I’m guessing it will show the cones too...haven’t taken the X out yet.

I occasionally get cones on the X, but it is for everything: Fire hydrants, dogs, transformers, etc.

Compared to that to our 2020 3 which can classify cones from traffic signals (and read the color of the lights) from people and whole lot of other object classes. I do not consider it to be useful at all for telling you any information other than there is something there. And even that is not that good because of the high false positive rate. You need to get AP3 to get the full effect and a reasonably powerful model.

Agreed. I always hated getting back to the car and seeing 5 events and not being able to view them right then.

yeah, I have noticed that too. Sentry mode is excluded for me in my home garage, but the dash cam has been recording my wall in front of the X.

In fact, I prefer no recordings are saved what so ever while the car is in my garage. I don’t know if there is a way to fix this. I want recordings when driving and/or parked somewhere else.

yeah, I have noticed that too. Sentry mode is excluded for me in my home garage, but the dash cam has been recording my wall in front of the X.

In fact, I prefer no recordings are saved what so ever while the car is in my garage. I don’t know if there is a way to fix this. I want recordings when driving and/or parked somewhere else.

Really. That does not sound right. I also have sentry mode off at home. I don't get any recordings unless sentry mode detects an event when I am parked somewhere other than home or I honk the horn (I have that option on).

Really. That does not sound right. I also have sentry mode off at home. I don't get any recordings unless sentry mode detects an event when I am parked somewhere other than home or I honk the horn (I have that option on).

I'll review it again tomorrow, but at first glance it had videos of my kids around the X and/or the wall in front. that is why I thought i should get a much bigger USB flash drive (currently using 32GB) if this thing was gonna be recording alot.