Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vernon, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla map says Q2 '23 and lists that upcoming charger for Vernon / Texas... just between Henrietta / TX SC and Childress / TX SC ... does anyone know more?

I would *really* appreciate a V3 charger in Vernon so one can skip Henrietta - and - Childress on the way to Amarillo and just charge in Vernon/Amarillo at the brand new V3s with plenty stalls. Henrietta is never full but Childress gets packed on weekends.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
there was the time Childress was reporting that it was not active. That was scary because Henrietta - Amarillo is fairly desolate re chargers. Vernon is a great addition to a drive I do more than once a year.
yeah. Childress tends to also be quite crowded and rest rooms/ facilities are nowhere near as clean/ pleasant as Henrietta. Doing that trip in July next year (Taos / NM) so likely will be able to drive DFW - Vernon - Amarillo - Clayton - Taos... only 3 charging stops :)

Anyone have any updates on this charger. I noticed the map shows Q1 2023, now.
no updates... TBH either Vernon or Quanah would both work for us on the DFW - Taos drive in July next year. My guess is that both stations will be going online around the same time and being worked on by the same crew. pretty crazy to see 2 brand new SCs within 30 miles from each other popping up.

This way we can both skip Henrietta (V2) and Childress (V2) on the way to Amarillo (brand new V3 in addition to old V2). Childress gets crowded on holiday weekends and charging at 75 kw isn't fun when you just want to get home.

"Supercharger - Vernon, TX!" would also be a good thread name.

It's on 4 (four) US Numbered Highways! That includes being a splitter on the hypotenuse, US-287 and making a stretch of US-70 traversible.

Plus a Wisconsin Not-so-Pathetic Splitter opened so it's going to be a good start to the weekend.

Reactions: Talmen
"Supercharger - Vernon, TX!" would also be a good thread name.

It's on 4 (four) US Numbered Highways! That includes being a splitter on the hypotenuse, US-287 and making a stretch of US-70 traversible.

Plus a Wisconsin Not-so-Pathetic Splitter opened so it's going to be a good start to the weekend.
yup. plus - unlike the Quanah TX SC - the restroom will be open at all times... going DFW - Amarillo I will probably skip henrietta/ quanah and just do one stop in Vernon once it's open...

Vernon, TX

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: CEFCO Convenience Store
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-70, US-183, US-283, US-287
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-70

To: Ardmore, OK - 131.4 miles
Diversion: 0.2 miles
To: Little Rock, AR (v2) - 448.2 miles

US-183

To: Hays, KS (v2) - 391.6 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles
To: End (I-90/US-83 West of Presho, SD) - 772.5 miles

US-283

From: Start (US-87/US-190/US-377 Brady, TX) - 225.6 miles
To: End (US-30 Lexington, NE) - 500.2 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles

US-287

To: Quanah, TX (v2) - 28.9 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Childress, TX (v2) - 57.3 miles

A great hole-filler. On US-287, the link from DFW to Amarillo, and will be a V3 amongst V2s.

Is the first Supercharger location on US-283.

Will connect on US-70 between Plainview, TX and Ardmore, OK.

Also on US-183.

IMG_6686.jpeg
Looks like construction is about to be underway. I will post updates since I work not far from here.

Attachments

• IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 62