Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2018.18.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So just installed this version:

Owners manual available in the my Tesla page is nice update.

Mobile connector update? What is this? Not sure what the actual "Mobile Connector" is that gets updated? HPWC?

New Navigation: Isn't this just a repeat of what we received in version 18.12?

IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0852.jpg

Consider reporting the post to the mods if you feel it's a duplicate. A lot of people only hang out in the X or S forum since that's what they own. I don't know how adding another post telling people to search is not adding unnecessary content to the forum.

We have had the 18.18 update for about two weeks. The NAV is improved especially the one in the IC. What I do notice is an apparent reduction in vampire draw. With all previous versions, the draw amounted to about 3 miles of range per day. This is in the "always connected" mode. On two occasions where the car has be plugged in and parked for three days in a row, the vampire draw has shown a loss of one mile of range per day. Has anyone else noticed their parked vampire draw with this update? The history in the app showed no intervening top up charging. I checked SOC each day and it showed a loss of 1 mile each time.

Yes, I only use the X forums, so excuse me for not searching the S forums. I’ll be sure to do that in the future as to not to offend you.

At any rate, yes, I’ve had the new maps for a couple of months. Considering they are still referring to it as “new” I was asking if there is something different then what came out a few updates ago.

I also asked about the mobile connector, which I didn’t find. But I didn’t spend tons of time using the search function.

As far as littering the forums, who really cares? I mean come on, really? Look at the “crash on 101” thread, hundreds of pages of people repeating each other over and over with some useful, informational posts thrown in. That’s pretty much what all forums are.

If you don’t want to read “another post about the same thing” simply don’t open it.

I started with a Model 3 reservation, then considered ordering a Model S for about 8 months and ended up ordering a Model X after a weekend test (this has to be the coolest car ever...!).

During those periods, I frequented the M3 forums first, then the MS forums and much later, I started looking at the MX forums. I didn't write a lot but read so many interesting topics.

What I've learned is that there's a lot more going on on the S forums than anywhere else. But also that some unique things get posted to the M3 or the MX forums as well. In the end, it pays to do a forum-wide search, specially for things that are common to the X and the S (for instance, the firmware).

Yes, I only use the X forums, so excuse me for not searching the S forums. I’ll be sure to do that in the future as to not to offend you.

At any rate, yes, I’ve had the new maps for a couple of months. Considering they are still referring to it as “new” I was asking if there is something different then what came out a few updates ago.

I also asked about the mobile connector, which I didn’t find. But I didn’t spend tons of time using the search function.

As far as littering the forums, who really cares? I mean come on, really? Look at the “crash on 101” thread, hundreds of pages of people repeating each other over and over with some useful, informational posts thrown in. That’s pretty much what all forums are.

If you don’t want to read “another post about the same thing” simply don’t open it.
Fair point

Lots of people get butt hurt around here when I give "straight talk".

Usually I'll allude something along the lines of OP working in a circular tent, wears white makeup and has a red nose but he did nothing wrong and we should encourage contributions.

Not every X owner however, checks every forum threads and we are the minority compared to the S.

A simple - check out this thread here and a link would have sufficed. No sarcasm necessary.

Thread can do after that or a mod can do the needful if deemed necessary.

So just installed this version:

Owners manual available in the my Tesla page is nice update.

Mobile connector update? What is this? Not sure what the actual "Mobile Connector" is that gets updated? HPWC?

New Navigation: Isn't this just a repeat of what we received in version 18.12?

View attachment 302078 View attachment 302079
@Pwdr Extreme , thanks for this post. I went from 2018.12 directly to 2018.18 and was confused by the release notes. Everything in the notes came with 2018.12.
I have not checked the phantom drain but will do that.
The big change for me, but not showing in the notes, is that 2018.18 appears to have given me the browser update.
There is no noticable change to my AP1.

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee
Discussion in 'Model S' started by boaterva, Saturday at 5:36 AM.

The old thread has been around almost a week now. No need to litter the forum.
The model S thread usually turns into 45 pages of discussion and the info we actual are looking for is hard to find. Heaven forbid we have a conversation about the effect it has on our individual vehicle in its correct forum.

Reactions: Pwdr Extreme
I visit both forums since I have both a MS and a MX. While the software packages are the same for both cars; they don't neccessarily act the same. As such, I think it's worthwhile to have a thread here as well (with a link to the MS, M3 forums, etc.)

For example. 2018.18.2 301aeee, for me disabled the one touch easy entry for the monopost seats. Feel free to correct me if you see a Model S with the same issue.

Also not already mentioned
- The collision/braking warning system is a LOT more sensitive in this update. I typically used a medium setting; but had to change it to Late on this new update.
- The traffic routing may need calibration; it tried to save me 30 minutes on my commute when the entire route was green.

Exactly! This is actually one of the first updates that HASN’T had a thread in the X forum.
There has been a push by members here to condense the convo into one thread, I really don't think thats beneficial for the reasons I already covered so hopefully we can continue to have a discussion in the X forum about the software it uses. Not sure why that turns some people off.