Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if it brings any improvements to regular Autopilot as well, or if they’re only adjusting the speed cap on the existing algorithms since they believe that it’s statistically safe to do.
autopilot improvements are generally not made with software version updates unless its a complete rewrite of something. it isnt like how they handle the beta. they are basically happening any time your car's connected to the internet including cellular. Shadow mode is what Tesla calls it. every car, is always uploading situations, it's processed, and run through multiple variations of the situation, and the correct way to handle it is sent to the fleet. all it takes is "Flipping a bit."

Andre Karpathy and Elon talking about it a long time ago.

• Informative
Reactions: EVdrive
My car (2022 Post-first but pre-second refresh S Plaid) is installing this version now. Don’t see any other .16 builds on TeslaFi yet. Release notes coming in a few minutes…

Attachments

• F850583F-DA4D-4C3F-9AF3-EB6DF1A170E7.jpeg
    F850583F-DA4D-4C3F-9AF3-EB6DF1A170E7.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 747
Reactions: Bouba
Installing 2022.16.0.2 now in my M3 LR RWD. Not much here though:

Driver Profiles - Media player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log in to your media account while your driver profile is selected.

Navigation Energy Prediction - Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.

Last edited:
On my S85 (2013) with V2 screen the 2022.16.0.2 notes say:
Driver Profiles: Media player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log into your media account while your driver profile is selected.
Navigation Energy Prediction: Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.

On my S85 (2013) with V2 screen the 2022.16.0.2 notes say:
Driver Profiles: Media player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log into your media account while your driver profile is selected.
Navigation Energy Prediction: Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.

The second one is pretty cool if it’s reasonably accurate. The first one I frankly don’t understand. Does it “apply to me” if I am the only one who ever drives my car.

Why can’t they just enable the freakin horn that Elon promised existed on the refreshed X and S? Maybe bc he was wrong and it’s not actually there??

The second one is pretty cool if it’s reasonably accurate. The first one I frankly don’t understand. Does it “apply to me” if I am the only one who ever drives my car.

Why can’t they just enable the freakin horn that Elon promised existed on the refreshed X and S? Maybe bc he was wrong and it’s not actually there??
Well his release notes wouldn’t have included it so if mine ever finishes installing then we can bitch lol. The first is cool though - I know a lot of people have been waiting. Speak of the devil I just got the complete notification. One sec….

Well his release notes wouldn’t have included it so if mine ever finishes installing then we can bitch lol. The first is cool though - I know a lot of people have been waiting. Speak of the devil I just got the complete notification. One sec….
Whomp…. Same release notes here. Although mine is a November build and Elon did say cars had the horn hardware starting in November so maybe mine missed the cutoff 😁

I’m convinced there is no airbag horn. It’s just not mechanically possible. Elon talking out of his ass again.