Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone with a 2021+ car confirm whether they've seen the Regenerative Braking change in their in car release notes? Trying to work out if it's a refresh model (all cars) thing only, or whether older cars have it. I fear it's the former.

No evidence either of those are part of 2022.16.0.2. Maybe an undocumented feature?
Not a tesla app says trunk fix is undocumented feature. Doesn't address the sentry mode red x.

still Waiting for the trip card to be added back to the front screen, I miss them so much
I don’t envision (get it?) that happening. For whatever reason, V11 really seems to emphasis the car display with all the lines and colorful object representations popping up. Perhaps it shows the progress of vision-only in recognizing things like bicycles, trash roll-outs, warning cones, etc., in a way that for me is not especially helpful to drive the car but whatever. At least you can get to the tire pressures and trip info with voice commands sometimes, and by an annoying (for me) series of menu taps. Since losing the trip and tire pressure cards, I’ve almost never looked at either.

. At least you can get to the tire pressures and trip info with voice commands sometimes, and by an annoying (for me) series of menu taps. Since losing the trip and tire pressure cards, I’ve almost never looked at either.

I have been able to get to tire pressure and trip info very consistently by saying service settings or trip settings. Adding the word settings to the voice command seems to make almost everything work with voice. 2 useful commands that don't require settings are energy to display the energy use graph and open doors to make the door handles present for incoming passengers.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
What is this based on?
My understanding of this is that the horn sensor is inside the airbag itself in builds as of November 2021 rather than something separate. This would not require additional wiring or switches in the yoke and hence would not be seen in a yoke tear down. Remember the best part is no part.

Last edited:
Haven't other EVs been blending mechanical brakes with regen this whole time? How does this implementation differ?
On our old VW (2019) it didn't have one pedal driving - you had to move your foot constantly like a ICE hole ;-) As you depress the brake it starts regen - then adds brakes. If regen was limited the brakes took over seamlessly.

Now it sounds like one pedal driving will use brakes when regen is limited. Win win.

My understanding of this is that the horn sensor is inside the airbag itself in builds as of November 2021 rather than something separate. This would not require additional wiring or switches in the yoke and hence would not be seen in a yoke tear down. Remember the best part is no part.

I guess I was asking, what is the hardware revision you feel these vehicles are waiting on if the airbag already contains some sort of new new sensor for the horn?

Why wouldn’t it just be a software issue?

Also of note; if they are using an airbag sensor and not a mechanical horn, that is an industry first.

I guess I was asking, what is the hardware revision you feel these vehicles are waiting on if the airbag already contains some sort of new new sensor for the horn?

Why wouldn’t it just be a software issue?

Also of note; if they are using an airbag sensor and not a mechanical horn, that is an industry first.

When the tech was out replacing my yoke (defective material), I asked about the horn moving to the center. He stated that the "mechanism" is in the airbag module and not the horn. He tried to see if my airbag was covered under the recall so he could get me the "updated" module - no luck. Since my airbag is from the original build last May/June, the new yoke would not move it the center.

He did not say how the module would activate the horn but said it is in the module.

On my S85 (2013) with V2 screen the 2022.16.0.2 notes say:
Driver Profiles: Media player accounts (e.g. Spotify login) are now linked to your driver profile. Simply log into your media account while your driver profile is selected.
Navigation Energy Prediction: Energy prediction for your route has been improved by incorporating forecasted crosswind, headwind, humidity and ambient temperature when using online navigation.
Super happy to hear that that a '13 S85 is getting this. Very likely means my '15 70D will as well.

@lightningltd do you have standard or advanced selected for software updates? Also, did you automatically get notified or did you check manually by opening the software tab?

When the tech was out replacing my yoke (defective material), I asked about the horn moving to the center. He stated that the "mechanism" is in the airbag module and not the horn. He tried to see if my airbag was covered under the recall so he could get me the "updated" module - no luck. Since my airbag is from the original build last May/June, the new yoke would not move it the center.

He did not say how the module would activate the horn but said it is in the module.
So your tech is stating there are two version of the yoke, two versions of the airbag module, or both?

It doesn’t make sense that they would redesign the yoke to fit an updated airbag module that doesn’t function like every other horn on the planet.

My assumption was they changed the airbag module, but it should be backwards compatible with every yoke.

So your tech is stating there are two version of the yoke, two versions of the airbag module, or both?

It doesn’t make sense that they would redesign the yoke to fit an updated airbag module that doesn’t function like every other horn on the planet.

My assumption was they changed the airbag module, but it should be backwards compatible with every yoke.

Sorry if I was confusing. But there is only one yoke and the air bag has the horn. There are 2 versions of the airbag module. The tech seemed to think that the airbag module could be retrofitted onto my older yoke. Of course until this is played out in reality I take this for just what they said.

• Informative
Reactions: glide
I got the update and was driving yesterday with autopilot off and tacc off. Just driving manually. I do not have fsd. I do have the fsd visualization turned on. As I approached a red light I didn't come to a complete stop until after the front of my car crossed the stop line. I got an audible warning chime and the driver's display showed the words STOP. I have never seen the system respond to red lights before other than just showing them to me in the driver's display. It's handy having the traffic lights in the display as I often have my sun visor down and can't see when the light turns green without raising it. The fsd visualization shows when the light changes. But beyond that, it's never warned me to stop before. Is this something new or have I just never noticed it before?