Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update and was driving yesterday with autopilot off and tacc off. Just driving manually. I do not have fsd. I do have the fsd visualization turned on. As I approached a red light I didn't come to a complete stop until after the front of my car crossed the stop line. I got an audible warning chime and the driver's display showed the words STOP. I have never seen the system respond to red lights before other than just showing them to me in the driver's display. It's handy having the traffic lights in the display as I often have my sun visor down and can't see when the light turns green without raising it. The fsd visualization shows when the light changes. But beyond that, it's never warned me to stop before. Is this something new or have I just never noticed it before?
Sounds like a good thing either way, right?

@MGMiller - Yes, this has happened to me when I was a little late running a couple yellow lights (ultimately turned red while going through the intersection). Audible alert along with a picture in the viz showing brake and accelerator pedals with the brake pedal in red. I am on 12.3.2.

So if this new one pedal regen/brake is activated we could end up in a situation where we start going through brake pads and discs like any ice car....we would have no way of knowing without visual inspection.....or by the amount of brake dust that is left on the wheels

So if this new one pedal regen/brake is activated we could end up in a situation where we start going through brake pads and discs like any ice car....we would have no way of knowing without visual inspection.....or by the amount of brake dust that is left on the wheels
Brake inspection is something that should be done regularly - even on an EV. There is more than just pad wear to consider. For example are the calliper pins sliding freely or do they need to be cleaned of any corrosion.

Consistent braking no mater the temperature of the battery is definitely a big plus in the safety department.

Reactions: GSP and Transformer
It SHOULD only be used in those cases where you get the pop up that indicates regen braking is reduced.

Now if they take away that pop up then I agree, no notification but with that only happening when its cold out or the battery is full I would hope the use would be very rare. It was confirmed you can disable this new feature though if worried about it.

It SHOULD only be used in those cases where you get the pop up that indicates regen braking is reduced.

Now if they take away that pop up then I agree, no notification but with that only happening when its cold out or the battery is full I would hope the use would be very rare. It was confirmed you can disable this new feature though if worried about it.
When regen is reduced (when I fully charge for example) I have the option of just coasting (to save brake wear) but if I press the option of mixed regen/braking then Tesla could reduce regen in the future and I’ll never know

Reactions: M3-Ita
This is actually pretty significant! Even in cold weather or at a high state of charge, the car will decelerate predictably. That is an awesome advancement in one-pedal driving.
This is awesome. Having recent come into Tesla family I have been wondering why Tesla doesn't do this when many other EV makers who has copied Tesla's one pedal driving do this, and all the necessary pieces of technology to implement this are already there (for Autopilot). I am happy powers that be are finally getting out of "it has always been done this way" mode on this.

Reactions: drift
The second one is pretty cool if it’s reasonably accurate. The first one I frankly don’t understand. Does it “apply to me” if I am the only one who ever drives my car.
My wife and I share our Model Y... we have other cars, and frankly, don't do that much driving.

While she LOVES the Model Y, the one thing she hated was, every time she got in the car, she'd have to see my playlist, the last music I was listening to... even though she has her own Spotify account!

This update finally addresses that issue! If the user profile being used is "RUTH", why would the software display the playlist for me???

She's currently out of the country, but she'll be overjoyed when she hears about this update!

Reactions: Hbrink
783BC944-8D05-41C9-8AE4-02D043AC23FB.jpeg

Loading now 5/27

16.0.2 killed autosteer on my 2022 refreshed S plaid. No amount of rebooting fixed it. 0.3 downloading now.
Hope it fixes it!

Last few weeks it seems they are having more bugs than usual. So many different version of 12 and now with 16, the first version never saw the light of day, .02 was out for 2 days and now .03....

I know some variations could be for different vehicle configs but the fact that .0 and .02 stopped showing for anybody (and someone who had .02 is already getting .03) is making me re-consider installing it right away.... Especially since I was planning a couple hundred mile trip, thinking I should wait till I get back home. :oops: