Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2022.16.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
please forgive me, I am a Tesla update n00b...

I am located in New York and have a 2022 M3P with a build date of 4/25/22 that has the current flash of 2022.11.101.1.

I see there are a ton of other updated flashes, at least 10+ that are numerically higher. the car is connected to wifi when at the house, and I have attempted to update it numerous times, selecting advanced etc, but as of this morning i am till on the above flash. What gives?

I am located in New York and have a 2022 M3P with a build date of 4/25/22 that has the current flash of 2022.11.101.1.

I see there are a ton of other updated flashes, at least 10+ that are numerically higher. the car is connected to wifi when at the house, and I have attempted to update it numerous times, selecting advanced etc, but as of this morning i am till on the above flash. What gives?
It takes weeks for a new vehicle to get the latest update. It’ll come eventually

Yes...have patience...you can spend your life constantly checking for updates...don’t be like me...

Also, I received 2022.12.3.12 a while back, and looks like only older versions are being updated to 2022.12.3.16?

Are they doing some comparison on 12.3.12 vs 12.3.16?
Possibly.

I believe those with "advanced" got .12 first, then Tesla made some very minor changes (likely low impact bugs) and released .16. Decided to go ahead and push .16 to everyone, even those not on advanced, in an effort to level up the entire fleet between that and the latest FSD version.

My theory is that the difference in .12 and .16 was minor enough that they didn't worry about those already on .12.

It really does look like the paused 2022-16 in an effort to get as many as they could altogether on the same base build (while also expanding the FSD Beta users).

All just a theory though, the comparison idea is as good of one as mine.

Possibly.

I believe those with "advanced" got .12 first, then Tesla made some very minor changes (likely low impact bugs) and released .16. Decided to go ahead and push .16 to everyone, even those not on advanced, in an effort to level up the entire fleet between that and the latest FSD version.

My theory is that the difference in .12 and .16 was minor enough that they didn't worry about those already on .12.

It really does look like the paused 2022-16 in an effort to get as many as they could altogether on the same base build (while also expanding the FSD Beta users).

All just a theory though, the comparison idea is as good of one as mine.

Out of the small data sample I saw, everyone with .12 got the FSD Beta while .16 got non-FSD Beta build. Not exactly a useful data after the fact. 😁

I am still on .12 and did not get .16 offered nor the FSD beta, but I also did not sign up for the FSD beta. Not interested in having a computer score my driving, that's a # I do NOT want to see. 😁
To be honest, it sucked at the beginning but got used to it over time. Now that I have the FSD Beta, that safety score driving experience semi-permanently changed my driving style! My wife says I drive like a grandma now when FSD Beta is off! 😆

Reactions: Daniel454 and Bouba
To be honest, it sucked at the beginning but got used to it over time. Now that I have the FSD Beta, that safety score driving experience semi-permanently changed my driving style! My wife says I drive like a grandma now when FSD Beta is off! 😆
I enjoy the drive too much. It's how I clear my mind... Some people paint, some read books, some garden, I drive.

I am sure I will play with FSD if it ever goes public or is available without a score, but until then, I want to get in the car and just drive, the way I like driving with no nanny telling me I am doing it right or wrong.

But no judgement for those willing to do it.

Reactions: JohnB007

Tesla software updates aren't like anyone would expect. They put lots of versions in the field at a time for testing rather than risk the same bugs on everyone. We're all beta testers but without a bug report channel.

See the first post in this thread for more info. (No need to read the other posts.)

Tip: Some of us check this forum (Software: Firmware Updates) for experiences before installing a software update, esp. a December "holiday update" where they've been known to rush out a lot of bugs and untested UI changes.

Last edited:
Tesla software updates aren't like anyone would expect. They put lots of versions in the field at a time for testing rather than risk the same bugs on everyone. We're all beta testers but without a bug report channel.
If everyone did what I did, Tesla would be forced to actually test their software before pushing it to cars, because I refuse to install any version until it's been out for at least 4 weeks and I haven't seen any reports of serious bugs.

The version numbers are confusing.... So we picked up info saying 2022.16 was out in the wild, but on the same day 2022.12.3.4 comes out and includes a base change to Autopilot (allows up to 85MPH now). BUT I myself got 2022.12.3.6 a few days ago and it doesn't have the higher limit....

You would think higher numbers have everything the lower ones had.

I get it, that some versions are for specific models / builds / countries and they don't always follow a direct path, but still, confusing!
I just got 12.3.6 on my 2021 M3 perf. I thought AP max speed was supposed to be increased. It is not on my car. The speed increase wasn't listed in the release notes in the in-car display. I was really looking forward to the speed increase. Any else see the same issue?