TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Version 7.0 tried - Where Is Vehicle Hold? How to activate it?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by canyondrive, Oct 16, 2015.

1. canyondrive

canyondrive Member

Hi, I've been trying out 7.0 software since it came out yesterday. The autopilot is ok. It has tendency to stay away from concrete walls on 101, making the car right-sided on the carpool lane. Other than that, it's not bad for the first and I'm sure things improve over time with OTA.

How do you engage Vehicle Hold function? I like that feature since a lot of EU cars are starting to have this. The instruction says depress the brake pedal while the vehicle is stopped, but I see no indicator on the dash panel and vehicle just creeps forward if I let go of the brake.

Anybody else got the Vehicle Hold function working?

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

Press the brake pedal SLIGHTLY harder, and it'll hold you on any terrain type. You'll see a gray H on the right side of the IC.

3. JPP

JPP Active Member

...and note that older builds without the more current 'digital' brake system do not get to enjoy the 'new' full-time hill hold, just the old version.

4. canyondrive

canyondrive Member

Yup, pressing the brake pedal harder worked... It's a bit unnatural compared to EU cars features. I guess it's too new of the features to US so Tesla wants to make sure users know what they're doing.

5. CharlesMW

CharlesMW Member

I really like the HOLD, now driving with creep off becomes useful, no rolls forward or back before car powers away. Reminds me of driving a stick-shift where we would always apply the handbrake, at all stops and release when driving away.