Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 Broke My Executive Rear Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this affects very few people, but on the Executive Rear Seat package the rear seats had independent seat heat settings for the seat bottom and the seat back. Now, with version 9, it's the same simple 3 position heat setting as on the front seats. It was a neat feature that is now inexplicably gone.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Good question. They're probably slammed by angry upgraders now, but the normal way would be to call customer support and make the report so they can escalate it to developers. There's probably an email or something, but with everything else going on you might need to keep reporting it for months before anyone sees the report.

Reactions: Snowstorm and JMatt
Good point. And pardon my newb-ness, but how/where do I "report it?" Thanks!

Go to www.tesla.com, log into your Tesla Account, click the "MANAGE" button next to your car, and then scroll down to the box labelled "Support". Find the drop down menu and select
"Escalate this concern for executitve review", type in a message that best expresses your feelings, and then click the submit button.

Go to www.tesla.com, log into your Tesla Account, click the "MANAGE" button next to your car, and then scroll down to the box labelled "Support". Find the drop down menu and select
"Escalate this concern for executitve review", type in a message that best expresses your feelings, and then click the submit button.

Don’t be rude by escalating in your first move. If every single support request is an escalated request, they will be normal.

Report it, there's a lot of evidence v9 didn't get much testing on the Model S and your configuration is rare enough that they probably forgot it even existed.
The famous "we improve our cars every 2 weeks" Elon was so proud of is coming back to bite him. Who knew maintaining software for a life of a car was so difficult!?! ;)

I wonder if Elon ever thought about why software companies, even ones with a lot more resources than he has, don't support software for 15+ years, and the few that do, charge tons of money per year (often more than a price of a P100D per license). This is especially true for safety critical (potentially affecting human lives) products connected to the internet! Then add to it the fact that Tesla is not just maintaining the old software, they have to continue developing new features for all the old hardware, and the new hardware, because they they haven't delivered all the features Elon sold to people yet.

Reactions: MIT_S60 and cwerdna
I know this affects very few people, but on the Executive Rear Seat package the rear seats had independent seat heat settings for the seat bottom and the seat back. Now, with version 9, it's the same simple 3 position heat setting as on the front seats. It was a neat feature that is now inexplicably gone.
Together with the apps to set your own layout for any 2 apps and the car not losing that screen layout every time you park the car. I'm sure there will be people here that will tell you that you don't need to control them separately, that the new way is better because it's more streamlined, and how this is great progress. :rolleyes::(

Not at all.

It's important to maintain the correct buttock/back temperature gradient.

I like to keep my buttocks 5 degrees cooler.

Disappointed there isn't a built-in massager, but then V9 would probably change the options to "Turkish" or "Off".
Evidently Elon likes his buttock the same temperature as his back. If Elon doesn't use it, software guys won't care because nobody will get yelled at if they cut it out of the software.

• Funny
Reactions: JPUConn

Yes BUT on the bright side you FINALLY have the option PROMISED to you on the Tesla website when you ordered all those years ago, the ability for your rear seat passengers to control the media player. Remember that being listed on your order page??? I do when I ordered them.

Never noticed on my car, will need to check as I got the update too. Prob because there were so few of our cars made they might have forgot or made it a lower priority. I still wish you could control them via an app or something that way I don't have to go in and make adjustments for my friends when riding in the back.

Never noticed on my car, will need to check as I got the update too. Prob because there were so few of our cars made they might have forgot or made it a lower priority. I still wish you could control them via an app or something that way I don't have to go in and make adjustments for my friends when riding in the back.

Better yet if he got the update, all others with Exec seating should have gotten it as well.