Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 on AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do like the update and have changed Nav settings for HOV etc..... But sending Waze info to the screen has not worked. I set Waze to "share" with Tesla but this is what I get:
viewattachment

I have a 2016 S refresh. Is there some other way, am I doing something else wrong?

Most people resist change, fear it. It's human nature to complain when things change.
Some people here are upset about specific changes that force them to think "different".
This is insulting. People that resist change don't drive Tesla. You are belittling complaints of legitimate loss of previous functions as if the only basis is in the frail human psyche.

Perhaps you should pause and consider that there may be much more substance to these complaints than your own ill conceived remark.

I've been driving on Version 9 for over a week now and I can confirm what others were pretty sure they saw in this, that is to say the stopping distance and rate has been dramatically improved. In particular I notice it on crowned Hills coming up to a stop light. The car recognizes the stop the vehicle in front and slows much better than it did before. Who would have thought it, they actually did improve AP1 again! I was sure we had seen the last Improvement we would ever see. I am indeed impressed.

wishing i did not install v9

I think more people are becoming like me. I don't update until I've read as much as possible from those who always want the latest thing -- no matter what it does -- about how the update would change my experience -- good, bad, or neutral.

It's not true that things always improve with every update. Since 7.1 things have gotten worse with every update, and I haven't updated since then. I still have controls that never disapear, can have any 2 apps in either position, have maps with better colors and labels and never had the problem of traffic not updatig correctly, and have no frequent AP nags and my car never slams on the brakes at overpasses.

I have no plans to downgrade my car to v9.

I am that the system remembering the app which was last opened will come in a future update. Not being able to see energy usage and web browser or whatever you like to see sure can be annoying to some and somewhat of a limitation that wasn't there before, but ithat doesn't make v9.0 ridiculously bad.
What does make it ridiculously bad (and potentially unsafe) is having to peck at tiny buttons at the bottom of the screen to do things like make a phone call. Something you could accomplish before by tapping an icon on top and having your phone app on top. If you have then dial an extension or pass code to join a call, it ends up with your eyes nowhere near the road for quiet some time. And please don't tell me that Tesla recommends you put the car on auto-pilot, let you hand hang off the steering wheel to apply pressure, then it's ok to not look at the road in order to make a phone call.

I think more people are becoming like me. I don't update until I've read as much as possible from those who always want the latest thing -- no matter what it does -- about how the update would change my experience -- good, bad, or neutral.

It's not true that things always improve with every update. Since 7.1 things have gotten worse with every update, and I haven't updated since then. I still have controls that never disapear, can have any 2 apps in either position, have maps with better colors and labels and never had the problem of traffic not updatig correctly, and have no frequent AP nags and my car never slams on the brakes at overpasses.

I have no plans to downgrade my car to v9.

To each their own but I think you're out of your mind! :) The AP1 improvements alone make it worth it, and I actually like the new interface. It's not perfect, but obviously neither is 7.1.

Reactions: bhzmark
Version 9 I want to remove the map from the screen. I only use it if I am navigating. I am very disappointed with version 9. Also I use to be able to touch the bottom left of the screen and it brought up the last screen I had used, it was always the vehicle height. Now it takes two presses to get to the screen. It would be nice to have it go to the last screen you were on. Give me back 8!

Reactions: David29
Changing lanes on AP=so much smoother and quicker.
AP overall as mentioned smoother and better
Summon seems quicker as well.

V9 is an upgrade for me for sure.

You've been a member since August 2018? If that means a newer car, say AP2, maybe things indeed got smoother, but this thread's most common bond covers the majority of earlier cars whose features most see as having been net-degraded.

Most people resist change, fear it. It's human nature to complain when things change.
Some people here are upset about specific changes that force them to think "different".

However, if you look at the changes as a whole, there is a lot of improvement in UI and function. I like it.

Also, it's futile to try to resist. You could try to refuse updates forever but you will cut yourself off from significant improvement. My 4 year old car just keeps getting better . I embrace change.
Yeah it's really funny to think that people who drive Teslas are resistant to change. I still haven't upgraded because it appears that many of the functions I like and use regularly (camera on top screen for safety when dropping my son off at school, I'm tall and it's very hard to look at the bottom screen and out the window at the same time for all the kids running around) when functions are taken away it's hard to see the "improvements" beyond what went missing. Additions and improvements are always appreciated, subtractions are never appreciated. I'm actually not happy the full screen flashing was taken away on the autopilot nags, now that it's only on the top of the screen I often don't see it due to my height and seating position, but I'm sure you'd say that's an improvement too when for me it's a safety issue just like not allowing the camera to be on the top of the screen.

Today's new and unexpected FW 9.0 annoyance: I apparently can't have the estimate at destination and the local north or heading up map at the same time.

If I switch to the north up map, it collapses down to a two direction version; if I stretch it back out, it jumps to the leg map.

I can see some logic here - if I wanted to see the intermediate steps, the larger map shows them. But since the only way outside the energy app to see the estimate at arrival is to scroll down, I find this change deeply frustrating.

Today's new and unexpected FW 9.0 annoyance: I apparently can't have the estimate at destination and the local north or heading up map at the same time.

If I switch to the north up map, it collapses down to a two direction version; if I stretch it back out, it jumps to the leg map.

I can see some logic here - if I wanted to see the intermediate steps, the larger map shows them. But since the only way outside the energy app to see the estimate at arrival is to scroll down, I find this change deeply frustrating.
Seems like every day there are new reasons not to "upgrade" to v9

To each their own but I think you're out of your mind! :) The AP1 improvements alone make it worth it, and I actually like the new interface. It's not perfect, but obviously neither is 7.1.

Are you sure? Some of the "AP1 improvements" I've missed out on since 7.1 include frequent AP nags and fantom breaking at overpasses. My car has neither of those "improvements." Every time there is an update I read what people say hoping the reasons I haven't updated go away, and usually I have found even MORE reasons not to update from the version I have and love the way it works. Their trajectory has been to worsen the user experience and also make the driver pay more attention to the car's screen (by making things harder to see or get to) than to the road.

Reactions: cwave1