Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 9 on AP1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just read in a post though that if you go into reverse there is still a park screen popping up with Camera on top and sensors on the bottom. Hope this is true. I don't use the camera while driving, just for parking. And for that I need it to be on the top, and not at the bottom.
Yup, snip from Everyday Teslas V9 review:

Attachments

• reverse V9.png
    reverse V9.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 1,022
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kgroschi and bmah
I just read in a post though that if you go into reverse there is still a park screen popping up with Camera on top and sensors on the bottom. Hope this is true. I don't use the camera while driving, just for parking. And for that I need it to be on the top, and not at the bottom.

If the camera was closed beforehand you get the larger screen. If the camera was already opened while driving it remains in its position at the bottom.

Im pretty sure it used to work the same in 8.1 (besides the fact that it can't be permanently kept open at the top anymore)

P85D-L, AP1, v 9.0 today ... no valet mode. Can't share with my car, get an error message "your vehicle does not support starting navigation on your phone" iOS 12.0 Like most here, seems not smart to remove our ability to run anything other than Nav on the top 2/3 of the screen, or run 2 app.s (other than nav) at once. Looks like they took our old OS(7 years of development), threw it in the garage, recompiled the Model 3 OS for our hardware, and that's it.

Oh, and last ... was getting 1 bar on my Wifi - the base is 10' away only 1 sheetrock wall in the way - so I tried a few things, including forgetting the wifi and starting over. It won't give me a list of available wifi - I have to type in the network name correctly in order to get in. Interesting set of features apparently disabled.

PS - I have the LTE upgrade. Perhaps this new software doesn't allow for a car of my generation running that chipset on the wifi. Time will tell.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Mjsais and kavyboy
I had update waiting for me since 4:00am, I took my time to get everyone’s opinion and put together pros and cons. Verdict: I’m not doing update!
My next question is, is there a way to desbale update notification? Pops up every time I get in the car

I had update waiting for me since 4:00am, I took my time to get everyone’s opinion and put together pros and cons. Verdict: I’m not doing update!
My next question is, is there a way to desbale update notification? Pops up every time I get in the car

Not that I'm aware of, no. It goes away with a single tap, but it'll be back every time you turn the car on.

Sharing routes from phone does not work on AP1.

It works just fine.

Has anyone gotten it to work on Android? With either Waze or Google Maps?

Works well via Google Maps app on my Pixel 2 with Android 9. But I got an error trying to share location from the Chrome app on my phone.

Overall, I like the new UI. My only gripe is when navigating to destination I can't see a bunch of next turns AND be heading up on the map. :(

Overall I love the update, the UI feels more polished and natural where some of the settings are, such as heated seats, I like that the subzero package is now under climate controls. I also feel that the whole MCU is more responsive, times past Slacker album art would be slow to load on the dash but not anymore it seems all in realtime like it should be. I don't miss the option of having two apps on the screen, because I always had the map on top, and then just switched out whatever I was doing in the bottom pane.

Yes, it works well on android. You search on Google maps. At the bottom, instead of choosing navigate, you choose share. You pick the Tesla app to share to and get a message that it went to your car.

Can you show me where "navigate" and "share" are on Google Maps? I only see a "Start" button initially.

Screenshot_20181007-012054.png

After start I can pull up a bottom menu that allows for sharing trip progress, but it only lists contacts, not apps.

Screenshot_20181007-012128.png

Can you show me where "navigate" and "share" are on Google Maps? I only see a "Start" button initially.

View attachment 341573

After start I can pull up a bottom menu that allows for sharing trip progress, but it only lists contacts, not apps.

View attachment 341575

You are a step too far. You are using Maps to calculate directions and starting navigation. All you need to do is search for a destination and then you can share with the Tesla app. Do not continue to the step where you let Maps calculate directions.

View attachment 341573

View attachment 341575
You share a location from your phone and the car will handle routing. So just put a pin on your destination, then you can share to the Tesla app.

1884727141.png Screenshot_20181007-004227.png

• Helpful
Reactions: fallen888 and jdo