Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

version 9 poll

Are you running v9, aka 2018.39.x (or even 2018.40.x)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got mine Saturday am. EAP definitely flakier. I don’t like the nav moves or media changes. I found the old system easier (not as far a reach, turning my head 5 more degrees was hardly a burden), don’t see any actual improvements. I have browser set to weather radar map, that’s all I will use it more. Looking forward to setting up the dash cam.

Reactions: halfricanguy
Agreed. I wanted it too. Now that I got it. Tried it. It’s eh. LoL

I wouldn't say it's "eh." There are a lot of nice, albeit small changes that make the driver experience better. For instance the navigation app is more helpful now, giving turn instructions in a more timely manner. Having the navigation instructions on the left side of the display seems minor, but it's huge from a safety standpoint. The AC vent adjustment graphics are more useful. The infotainment controls are much improved (although they still need lots of work). It's great having 360 degree presence. I know that feature still seems rough, but I suspect it will improve and smooth out quickly. The one stop shop for apps is really nice. The dash cam, while still being rough around the edges is a nice start. Hopefully Tesla will fill that feature out moving forward. Keep me from having to consider buying and installing a Blackvue.

But the fact is that the biggest reason people wanted the upgrade was for navigate on autopilot. Until that gets put back in it will only be half an update.

The main point to wanting it for me was that my car is new, and I didn't want to get too used to the old interface if I was going to be moving over to the new one.

At this point I think it's safe to say every Model 3 owner should have the update by now.

If you don't then it's likely that something is wrong

So do the reboot thing, and if that doesn't work (after you give it a day) then try calling them.

I think it's safe to call them now.

Edit - Just to clarify I meant every owner who has the car connected to Wifi. I don't know if it's available over cell yet.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Hans L
Literally just got mine now.

Attachments

• 20181019_155253.jpg
    20181019_155253.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 57