Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Dim Backup/Reverse Lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, as I was thinking about this issue just the other night. In the past, as I backed from my garage, the light was inadequate unless my break lights helped intensify the brightness.

The other night, however, was a different story. Somehow the lighting seemed brighter and with greater contrast. I suspected that one of the various software downloads lately had made an adjustment.

From the above posts, it seems not.

Maybe I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor or a neurologis. 😀

Interesting, as I was thinking about this issue just the other night. In the past, as I backed from my garage, the light was inadequate unless my break lights helped intensify the brightness.

The other night, however, was a different story. Somehow the lighting seemed brighter and with greater contrast. I suspected that one of the various software downloads lately had made an adjustment.

From the above posts, it seems not.

Maybe I need to make an appointment with my eye doctor or a neurologis. 😀
Yesterday I noticed the same thing. I think the backup camera had a little brighter when backing out of the driveway.

Here are the lights setup for trial tonight.....

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg
Hello! I'm new to Tesla, but having spent some time in Pro-Rally, I'm pretty interested in vehicle lighting. I too have noticed the back-up illumination is somewhat lacking and NY_Rob's added lights look like they are an excellent solution. Can you tell us the source / part number? Thanks - and thanks also to the forum for helping us newbies get "up to speed"!