Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very disappointed with new Model S Performance USB...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now have a convenient way to play the Sentry videos while away. I play them on my iphone.

Had to buy this little adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HK6HNR1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This allows you to plug in your USB drive and if required plug in a Lightning power cord and play them on the iphone with the files app. The USB storage I have requires additional power so the Apple cord is required. I tested with a smaller capacity thumb drive and it ran from the iphone without added power cord. This is really easy to plug in and play. It is also important to use iOS v13 or higher as older versions don't play the Tesla files. The company also makes a power free version that is just a USB adapter but that one didn't work for me. I believe the Files App also allows you to manage the files on the drive to the cloud or transfer to your photos and videos on the iphone if you need to free up or save permanently your sentry files.

The adapter also has other uses besides Tesla Sentry monitor you can review that makes a handy accessory for the iphone.