Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very disappointing first week with Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used to not like the look of the X too much, but what a difference wheels made for me:

lxclmRyh1UANiY0HsymqyRezaCsxifuFj86S7Yxk6YH3t9RzbcXka7f4NGOhDbwH6b06BcdHLMv6SLqNd0gFJUBYPpOk0iZ_xZmz8MkKlJRc8mbeReG4h6NdUka61KLPhYX1P61zS1cWt_cdwVQMGycSRHel1AV_TSu4Kb4VGHNtk5r2XMNq249fYC-XxDCfypkSRtM322XyXRTILcfkOffz2Jpu_WZ24sKn52RuRsLQ-ss06FMziHwuDXXftkc5iSDrYtA5Mo9NgzhGhYhbWZZ-vjadCbhLH3VceyOUTk2tuDxURLxMV2ULYCcsoqLUBEW3YyPJLJbby4MJQsLGs1kPV8NiQnL7kVKQe2GpFB-BNEg9dxn7jYmibUy_hFSGeGRWUaU42RXHiaimyBDzwlKqtU7SeeNpIdF71IR2yyQLeyk_vw23hfVSUP0iJH3wQVwqJd6_DLRessZqZ1JjBYqREOuq9xpl-VTq-WGkNAMPYwLVZsuVFkRpecLWleTAFibp5LWTV6Tm0Trxgh1dDL2mcJBM3_LWnzZaMDiQuY7SUivifzcK2dkisLjZNrKQ94p7zdftiVQTgH8iW7K1y2qQ0_4W7vKSASbyYq2K=w1220-h915-no

Now I think it's hot :D

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I realize that this is a piling on OP with a few unhappy owners plus several non-owners (who why they opine as experts despite lack of first hand knowledge escapes me).

Your bolt may work for you but it pales in comparison to the 3 (and absolutely the S & x ). My son received his in March and it’s fit-finish was superb, drives impeccably and he has had no service issues.
are non owners prohibited from having an opinion on the importance of reliability for a new car? reliability is what people want, having a problem car is a nightmare. If I were
to miss a couple days of work during the year because of problems, that is a years worth of gasoline. Ford isn't going to compensate me.

Reactions: cwerdna
are non owners prohibited from having an opinion on the importance of reliability for a new car? reliability is what people want, having a problem car is a nightmare. If I were
to miss a couple days of work during the year because of problems, that is a years worth of gasoline. Ford isn't going to compensate me.

Reliability is important of course, but non-owners tend to get an exaggerated negative vibe from reading about owners suffering with multiple problems and even from non-owners repeating issues they have heard about 2nd or 3rd hand! Owners with serious issues tend to presume ALL cars are as bad as theirs, which is clearly not the case.

We all know that the X has had many quality issues in its 2 year life (many trivial and some not so trivial), but most of those have now been resolved and cars coming off the line recently appear to be pretty well built, with a few exceptions. Not perfect for sure, but much better than 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago and for me certainly well worth any hassle (not that I've had any in the first 6k miles). It's not a car for those who are totally risk averse or completely anal about every tiniest detail, but it is a cutting edge vehicle from a relatively new company. Would I swap my Model X for a Bolt or other cheaper EV? Not a chance! The drive is amazing, even compared to all the premium German cars I've owned over the years. I'd buy another Tesla for sure as things stand, but will be looking closely at the competition over the next few years. If the Germans (or anyone else) can provide this level of EV drivetrain and tech then great, but they're certainly not doing it today!

I’ve read many of your last few posts this morning.

Not only do you have only a limited, voyeur view of some products (ie a recent 3 negative comment) but you’re typically throwing stones at many posts and/or liking negative posts.

So, maybe a troll is a better tag for you?

I’ve read many of your last few posts this morning.

Not only do you have only a limited, voyeur view of some products (ie a recent 3 negative comment) but you’re typically throwing stones at many posts and/or liking negative posts.

So, maybe a troll is a better tag for you?
The sad thing is, I finally see a model 3 up close in person... And the panel gaps are terrible. I took photos. People talk about panel gaps as an early issue... So why wouldnt I look for that?

If you were shopping for new lexus model and saw people online posting about issues with the rear tires wearing unevenly... And you saw one in a parking lot... You wouldnt take a peek at those tires? Sure you would. Not sure how that makes someone a troll.

• Disagree
Reactions: GaryW
OMG wife and I had the EXACT same conversation almost word for word. Our 2016 MX is basically a lemon. If Tesla customers (Elon cult members) were not so loyal they’d be out of business.
It's aggravating. I mean, the 6-seat Model X is in theory exactly what I wanted for my family of 5. But I never expected that the tradeoff for an electric car was poor workmanship, service, and communication. I thought the tradeoff was charging time vs gassing up and distance concerns.

The sad thing is, I finally see a model 3 up close in person... And the panel gaps are terrible. I took photos. People talk about panel gaps as an early issue... So why wouldnt I look for that?

If you were shopping for new lexus model and saw people online posting about issues with the rear tires wearing unevenly... And you saw one in a parking lot... You wouldnt take a peek at those tires? Sure you would. Not sure how that makes someone a troll.

Let's see those photos then, or it didn't happen, lol.

Reactions: X Fan and spectrum

So how much are you getting paid to be here? Sure feels like a lot of work, setting up an account, uploading a Fugly 150 avatar, checking out different types of Teslas and checking back multiple times to reply about a car you're totally priced out of? There are better ways to save for the car of your envy!

Last edited:
Nice thread derail by calling some guy a paid troll so that the discussion is no longer about the OPs concerns.

I really think posters here should have to be upfront about their stock holdings. It's tiring reading their paranoid screeds and accusations.

I'm
Nice thread derail by calling some guy a paid troll so that the discussion is no longer about the OPs concerns.

I really think posters here should have to be upfront about their stock holdings. It's tiring reading their paranoid screeds and accusations.

*clapclap* well said. Still not sure how any discussion about reliability or quality control by a non owner is considered a troll attack.

To the OP - that sucks your experience was ruined. I know if you continue to work with the SC they will make it right.

I pickup my MX 100D on Wednesday evening. One way or another I'll post everything that happens.

FYI....I have never purchased a car at this price. I hate cars. I look at every car on the road & see piles of **** A Lexus?!?! Hahahaha it's an overpriced Toyota with "good seats" in it. You couldn't pay me to drive a BMW or Mercedes. Only Audi I really like is the R8. Way overpriced.

These Tesla's are the FIRST VEHICLES that have grabbed my attention. Because WE as consumers are going to change the world & the planet. Our air needs us & as a team we need to get every ICE vehicle off the road. PERIOD!!

It all starts for me on Wednesday.

To the OP - that sucks your experience was ruined. I know if you continue to work with the SC they will make it right.

I pickup my MX 100D on Wednesday evening. One way or another I'll post everything that happens.

FYI....I have never purchased a car at this price. I hate cars. I look at every car on the road & see piles of **** A Lexus?!?! Hahahaha it's an overpriced Toyota with "good seats" in it. You couldn't pay me to drive a BMW or Mercedes. Only Audi I really like is the R8. Way overpriced.

These Tesla's are the FIRST VEHICLES that have grabbed my attention. Because WE as consumers are going to change the world & the planet. Our air needs us & as a team we need to get every ICE vehicle off the road. PERIOD!!

It all starts for me on Wednesday.

So true, I have an early build MX and, yes, there were a few service center visits for minor annoyances, but everything was sorted while I enjoyed a sweet loaner. And now it's been over a year since I've had any issues with my MX. Tesla is a rapidly growing, disruptive company (I think everyone knows that by now), so if you are not prepared for few minor issues in the name of disrupting one of the most destructive industries on Earth, then it might be a good idea to wait a few years before you buy a Tesla. I have no doubt that Tesla will get this right, my new Model 3 with *zero* issues in 5 months is proof of that.