Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very happy with Model Y range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone,

A few days ago I just completed my first road trip on my Y. Very happy with the range!
The road has mostly been interstate (auto-pilot at 70-75mph) but finished with approximately an hour of state route (with traffic lights, but mostly green. auto-pilot at around 60mph). So yeah, the speed wasn't very high and I didn't need to use any AC (just fan at speed 2 or 3). The energy consumption was around 266mi/wh over a 30-mile span. The car was loaded with cargo and 3 people.

The verdict? The extrapolated range was like 430 miles or something. isn't that wonderful? I know this isn't a scientific measurement by any stretch, but just want to share some positive anecdote with y'all.

Thanks!

Depending on the real battery capacity, your range is around 280 miles at that rate.

75000/266 = 282 miles.

74000/266 = 278 miles.

Your math looks right to me! But here's how I extrapolated the range: I used the estimated range at the time and the state of charge. I think the car estimated that I had a range of about ~240 miles (again, blurry memory now) and I had about ~60% of charge left. So 240 / 0.6 = 400.

Your math looks right to me! But here's how I extrapolated the range: I used the estimated range at the time and the state of charge. I think the car estimated that I had a range of about ~240 miles (again, blurry memory now) and I had about ~60% of charge left. So 240 / 0.6 = 400.

Your method to extrapolate range is fine. I think you recalled one of the numbers incorrectly.