Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very odd - Significant upload reported?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just checked on my car, and usually it will upload around 15-25Mb every night.

Tonight, holy cow... I came across this:
IMG_2DE0AF340C77-1.jpeg

Any thoughts on what the heck it could be uploading? Normal daily driving... maybe 60 miles total.

I'll be surprised if anyone outside the Mothership in Fremont can answer that. My car also gobbles large amounts of data between regular firmware updates. Usually the bigger "meals" have to do with maps. But sometimes I think the car is telling Mothership how I've been treating it. :)

BTW, what program is that you used to capture those data?

I'll be surprised if anyone outside the Mothership in Fremont can answer that. My car also gobbles large amounts of data between regular firmware updates. Usually the bigger "meals" have to do with maps. But sometimes I think the car is telling Mothership how I've been treating it. :)

BTW, what program is that you used to capture those data?

He is using google Wi-Fi.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Yes - Tesla just started asking for snapshots (video files) for several new triggers in their autopilot program. Your APE stores them until asked for by the mothership. It uploaded the snapshots all at once when joining wifi.

That makes sense. I assume this is purely random? This is by far the first time and most data I've ever seen uploaded at any given time.