Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very poor to no 3G and GPS signal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new S85D yesterday and am thrilled with everything so far except for this: despite driving around various parts of Houston where I know there to be reliable cell tower signals, I am getting very poor 3G reception. In fact it never got above two bars, and mostly was at no bars or one bar with the 3G indicator missing. I ended up using my phone's hotspot to get a connection strong enough to do anything. Also, the GPS frequently put me on a completely different road than I was really driving, and of course, gave me poor directions as a result. I am on the latest 6.2 firmware.

My theory is that either these radios are bad or something is shielding their normal operation. I have seen some posts over here about poor 3G since 6.2 was applied, but none of them seem to be as severe as mine.

Before I start working with Tesla service and end up having the hassle of taking my car in, do you all have any steps I should try? I did reboot the main panel but that did not seem to help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.