Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very quiet phone volume in new Model X

Drlev

Oct 22, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
I've got a new Raven X and I'm experiencing very low Bluetooth phone call volume. In order to hear anything while the car is in motion I need to have the phone volume in the car at 8 or 9. I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing my phone and have verified that my phone's volume is maxed out. In my old Model S, a setting of 5 or 6 was sufficiently loud. What gives? Any advice?

alphainfinity

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2019
Kalispell
I am having the same problem. I have an Iphone XS Max. Call volume seems to be pretty low. I have tried the same process that you have. Also tried turning up the volume on the phone itself while on a call.

bob_p

Apr 5, 2012
Prior to V10, we were getting a lot of background noise picked up in the car while on calls, which made it difficult to have a conversation at times.

With V10, we've noticed the background noise has been reduced considerably.

The volume change may be related to adding some noise cancellation in V10.

darhall993

Jan 24, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I am on a Raven that is 4 months old, I had that problem initially for the first week or so, but after an update no issues. I am on V10 with no issues. I am however on the latest iOS build, there were significant Bluetooth issue with earlier builds of 13.x iOS. I am currently running 13.1.3, I ending up deleting and re-pairing after this past iOS update

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC