TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Very sad... Fatality in a Model S on the 405

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Az_Rael, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

It won't ride up on a car because it has a bumper at the right level for both crash protect and aerodynamics, versus a car design for suburban curb-hopping.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Based only on the few photos available, that appears to be what happened. The Tahoe has a relatively high bumper and it was obviously going dangerously fast and out of control (since it initiated the crash the Tahoe driver was clearly not "in control"). It appears to have overrode the Tesla rear bumper and impinged into the rear trunk are, with tragic results.

3. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

My condolences to the family.

4. buckerine

buckerine Member

It looks to me like he smashed into the back and everything in the back crumpled. It doesn't seem as if the tahoe crashed on top.

5. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

This is so sad. They are our neighbors. He's a great guy, active in the school board. The 13 year old sister is in critical condition. She is a classmate and friend of my son. When they were in first grade, she was his "girlfriend".

Furious that someone would DUI, particularly at 9:30am.

Give those that you love a hug.

• Love x 19
    • Like x 3
  6. Don Geddis

Don Geddis New Member

I appreciate all the expressions of sympathy. I did not have rear-facing trunk seats. My daughters were in the normal second row, with their seat belts on. At the time of the accident, my car was stopped on the freeway (as was the traffic ahead of me). I believe the car that rear-ended me was traveling at roughly normal highway speeds.

• Love x 41
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  7. Don Geddis

Don Geddis New Member

Also, my younger daughter, who was killed in the crash, was 10 years old, and about to start 6th grade in middle school next Monday.

• Love x 26
    • Informative x 1
  8. Maximus8

Maximus8 Member

Even though we don't know each other, my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Love x 4
  9. Reekdog

Reekdog Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in these difficult times Don.

10. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

Very, VERY sorry to hear of your loss and my sympathies to you and your family.

Tesla owners/fans are a close knit group and so when someone is involved in a tragedy it feels like we lost one of our own, even if we have never met.

• Love x 2
  11. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

My heart goes out to you and your family.

• Love x 1
  12. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

• Love x 1
  13. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

Don, I don't even know how you can type these messages. While they are appreciated, please know that our hearts are broken over the news and your loss. If there is anything the Tesla family can do, please let us know.

• Like x 6
    • Love x 5
  14. bsk997

bsk997 Member

Very sorry for your loss! I can't imagine having to go through this since I have 2 young kids myself.
    Condolences to your family.

• Love x 1
  15. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

Extremely sorry for your loss. My heart just sank when I read the headline. Absolutely tragic.

• Love x 1
  16. mkspeedr

mkspeedr Member

Don, I am so sorry for your loss.

• Love x 1
  17. Parebalo

Parebalo Member

I can only wish you a speedy recovery Don, and my heart goes out to you and your family... As others have said, we are a special family of Tesla owners, who will feel each other's pains.... an emotional pain which disturbs me greatly for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

• Love x 1
  18. will7

will7 Member

My condolences to you and your family Don.

• Love x 1
  19. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

Don - so sorry to hear about your loss. I have 2 children and can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through right now. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

• Love x 1
  20. shokunin

shokunin P85 & M3

Don, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope your elder daughter's condition has improved and is stable.

• Love x 1