TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Very sad... Fatality in a Model S on the 405

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Az_Rael, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. croman

croman Active Member

I wish I hadn't read this thread but I also will be praying for the Geddis family. To lose such a sweet innocent life is a tragedy. A family broken by a selfish bastard. My family bought a Tesla specifically because we believed it was the safest EV and perhaps safest car available for my wife and I and our kids. This is a stark reminder that nothing is guaranteed in life. My hope is that time will heal this family's wounds. When I think about that kind of pain I get sick.

• Love x 1
  2. oktane

oktane Active Member

Truck will almost always win against a car....even a Tesla in a multi-vehicle crash. I know many people who drive a truck for precisely that reason. However, there are more fatal single-vehicle crash (rollovers) in trucks.

Lots of informative (but sobering) stats from the IIHS:

Fatality Facts

• Like x 1
  3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

If you want to share something positive, do not attach it to something that starts out so very negative.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1