Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very slow boot, Bluetooth Issues, etc...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All:

I am trying to separate out what is just slow because of software and what is a problem because of the MCU1 problem that has been reported.

My car is getting slower and slower to boot up in the morning. Sometimes taking north of 30 seconds. I know this sounds like a 1st world problem, but I am concerned one day I am going to get in the car and it won't boot up.

In addition, my bluetooth now is starting to disconnect randomly. Not sure if this is related at all.

Once in a while I get screen lockups too, but that is rare.

I do the hard reset every couple of weeks, but that doesn't really seem to make any difference.

Would welcome advice on what to do. This is a 2016 Hardware1, MCU1 Model S 90D.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Dave

All:

I am trying to separate out what is just slow because of software and what is a problem because of the MCU1 problem that has been reported.

My car is getting slower and slower to boot up in the morning. Sometimes taking north of 30 seconds. I know this sounds like a 1st world problem, but I am concerned one day I am going to get in the car and it won't boot up.

In addition, my bluetooth now is starting to disconnect randomly. Not sure if this is related at all.

Once in a while I get screen lockups too, but that is rare.

I do the hard reset every couple of weeks, but that doesn't really seem to make any difference.

Would welcome advice on what to do. This is a 2016 Hardware1, MCU1 Model S 90D.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Dave
Do you have the power saving feature turned on? Sometimes that can cause a delay in the boot up.

Reactions: besnova
I will give these ideas a try. Thank. Will post back results.
I believe you can find these options in Display tab. I noticed that when I had power saving ON, it would take a while to boot up and bluetooth to start. I personally always kept it off. Although I have about 220 miles of range at 90% SoC, I never really cared to be efficient since I never used all that before getting back home to charge again.