Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very slow performance on Theater apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea very disappointed with their choice of using the Intel Atom processor in 2021 (heck even 2018). I took delivery July 26th and had the same slow/delayed experience everyone else has had. I am still stuck on 2021.3.103 firmware and was hoping a new firmware would fix those issues as it is possible with coding optimizations but sounds like that did not happen with the new release.
This is so true. I recently purchased a home NAS and opted for one based on a Ryzen Zen 1 base SOC instead of the Atom one due to the huge performance difference. The Intel Atom is a poor excuse of a SOC/embedded chip to use in a Tesla. I guess the new S and X have a Zen 2 based setup like the PS5 and should fly.

Reactions: yeafoshizzle
The Atom isn't very fast to run these applications indeed. However, I also believe that they have been less optimized. You know, (software development) resources are always limited. You have to prioritize. I would venture to say that the mobile app, the AI for FSD, billing FSD monthly, those types of features are way higher in priority than the performance or stability of the browser. It's unrealistic to expect that Tesla can fix everything everywhere.

The Atom isn't very fast to run these applications indeed. However, I also believe that they have been less optimized. You know, (software development) resources are always limited. You have to prioritize. I would venture to say that the mobile app, the AI for FSD, billing FSD monthly, those types of features are way higher in priority than the performance or stability of the browser. It's unrealistic to expect that Tesla can fix everything everywhere.
FSD and MCU are two different computers so development on one should not cause regressions on the other. But I guess the browser is still running in debug mode so I cannot sign into my YouTube Premium account in a straightforward method.