Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very specific sound system comparison request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best sound system by FAR in any car I’ve ever had was the Harman Kardon system in the Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2014 Summit. 19 speakers, powerful sub, clear and balanced no matter the volume. I LOVED it, hated seeing it go (truck reliability was awful, though, so bye bye Jeep).

Have you had this system and can you compare it to the premium system in the Model 3 Performance? I’d love to know how they compare if you’ve spent time with them both.

I have not had the Jeep Grand Cherokee and so cannot compare it to that system. However, the premium sound in my M3 LR RWD is very average. I have seen several posts on this forum where owners rave about the system and I am a bit surprised. My Infiniti G35 had a much superior sound performance.

• Informative
Reactions: superfunk
I have not had the Jeep Grand Cherokee and so cannot compare it to that system. However, the premium sound in my M3 LR RWD is very average. I have seen several posts on this forum where owners rave about the system and I am a bit surprised. My Infiniti G35 had a much superior sound performance.
Sound is such a personal thing: what is good for one is substandard for another. Here in Southern California, there is a high-end place that is reported to do a great job with the M3, but the starting price for their system is about $3K: to me (if the system meets the hype), this is worth it - others think it's nuts.

Prior to my M3 I had a 2013 Taurus Limited with a Sony premium sound system: it was a pretty good system, but (IMHO) had some small shortcomings. Most thought it was pretty amazing, but I knew there was better (don't get me wrong: I really enjoyed it for the five years I had the car).