TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Very squeaky noises when steering column moves in/out during Easy Entry

Discussion in 'Model S' started by plasmo, May 20, 2018.

1. plasmo

plasmo Member

Any way to fix this? (at home b4 I need to bring to Service shop)

I already tried to put a little WD40 on the areas of the steering column which meets the rubber edges, but it doesn't help.
    My wife is driving me crazy whenever I get in/out of the car and hears this noise.

If someone needs a video of the noise, I can post. ANyone have the same problem?

2. Corsair

Corsair Member

I wonder whether it is result of wear and tear as steering columns are not meant to be moved that frequently. Same thing happened to my old 70D. No doubt became evident when Elon gave us the easy entry function.

Glad to say though I noticed the squeeking, my tone deaf wife couldn’t hear it ...