Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very uncomfortable bottom seat cushion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Plaid seats are not the same as the seats mentioned above. They're my favorite seats of all the ones Tesla has made, and I like them far better than MB and BMW's seats. That being said, everyone's different, if you don't like them that much sell the car.

Ohh wait, you had already decided to sell the car because you were "planning on moving". After just two days with only 40 miles on it. And made no mention of the seats in that decision.

Indeed! And I made no secret of that. I love the jerky attitude though. Hilarious how many Tesla owners have this weird, conspiratorial approach to posters. Like we’re up to no good. Or we’re anti-Tesla plants! *gasp*

I’m moving into a place that doesn’t want to update their grid right now, so I won’t have a proper charger. They literally won’t let me install one. When I ordered the car I didn’t think that would be the case. Now that I know that’s the case, I put the car up for sale.

However, it hasn’t sold yet (I haven’t been trying very hard), and I obviously need a vehicle, so I’ve been driving the car. If this back pain situation hadn’t happened I think I might’ve come around to just keeping it and charging it on a regular garage outlet combined with occasionally going to chargers.

Why do you think I’m going out of my way to post about this issue? Not once but multiple times across multiple threads? Because I want to solve the issue. If anything, talking about how a seat in my car is so uncomfortable directly undercuts my ability to sell it. I wouldn’t be doing that if it weren’t for real. Also, I stand to gain nothing from Tesla because an uncomfortable seat is not something that they’re going to credit me for—it’s the way the thing was designed and I bought it. I’m simply here trying to find a solution.

Also, seems pretty evident that you were trying to sound like a smart guy in your post, as though you were trying to catch me in something. Hilariously, it didn’t seem to occur to you that it makes perfect sense that I wouldn’t have discovered the seat issue after I’d only had the car for two days. During that time the car sat in the garage other than one quick trip. It took a day of errands for me to notice the pain.

I’ve had two Teslas in my lifetime, both over $100K. I don’t need to prove my loyalty to the company or to skeptical forum denizens. Lose the attitude—TMC is for people to find help, not get sass from toxic fanboys.

• Funny
Reactions: jaguar36
Oh yea. Just picked up a 21 Model S. Most uncomfortable seats I have ever had.Have driven across the country in a Landcruiser, BMW M3, Cadillac, Subaru and an Audi. Never had an issue. Couldn't even handle 3 hours in the Model S. My back and rear end were in excruciating pain. Bought purple cushion which helped but this is rediculous to have to by a seat cushion to drive a car. If my wife didn't love the car would sell it.

I made some progress today by inserting ply wood sheets (21cm x 4cm x 0.3 cm) above each of the wire springs. Now I'm I sinking less than before into the seat with my butt which as a result gives less pressure on my thighs from that "platform". All electronics still work fine. I let you know the result with some pictures/sketches after driving for a couple of days.
I wonder if you are having the problem my wife and I are. As you sink in your hips are compressed a little. Like a pointe shoe in ballet I thinks. We are not large but feel the tight fit. Raising the position of the sit bones by using some padding made an immediate change for the better so I want to try your method of preventing sink into the seat. Did you have to peal the top of the seat off or can you do this from the bottom? We drive a 2021 Y. I think the interiors are all the same on this model save for a binary color choice.

I’m a slim guy at 150 pounds and don’t find anything painful but find the cushion on the premium interior 2018 Model S a little uncomfortable.

There’s a transverse seam about 2” forward of the seat back surface that forms something of a valley. Behind this is a transverse lump that pushes against my convex posterior in a way no seat ever has.

I’ve owned the car for only a few weeks and haven’t played too much with adjusting seating position and lumbar. I don’t feel any bars or hard items that would cause pain, just the firm lump pressing where it shouldn’t.

Am I describing the same things others are experiencing?