Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very unhappy with Fremont Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, wrong answer.

Yes, there are gazillion car washes ... but the least I expect from a $60k+ car is the basic courtesy of a clean car.

OP shouldn't have left. I would've gone back and let them know if I needed more help or if the car was messy.

Of course it should be clean, but is it really worth it? Aren’t there bigger, more important battles to fight in life? Only you can decide. I’d have said something (cutting and sarcastic - probably) and then let it go because for me life simply isn’t worth sweating the small stuff.

• Love
Reactions: T34ME and P85_DA
Well, there you go. Clearly you’re line in the sand is a washed car that’s going to be dirty by the time you get it home.

I drove mine straight to the detailer to be rewashed, clay barred, wrapped and ceramiced.

Yes. I have no plans to wrap. clayed whatever. Good for you.

Looks like you are the kind who would buy used underwear as well ... it is going to be dirty eventually, so why bother, eh?.

Sorry, wrong answer.

Yes, there are gazillion car washes ... but the least I expect from a $60k+ car is the basic courtesy of a clean car.

OP shouldn't have left. I would've gone back and let them know if I needed more help or if the car was messy.

Irrelevant. Customers are dealing with Tesla not 3rd party.

OP, congratulations! What color/spec did you get? Looks like you were able to get going after that initial hiccup.

I got Black and all options except FSD. All my cars were black. I kinda liked White and Red but in the end I changed it to black again. The best in my opinion when cleaned and polished. 24 hours and I'm still ecstatic.

Does anyone know what documents we should have or be getting?

Do we need a signed MPVA? In other words what should be in our account after we receive the car. I am taking delivery tomorrow Saturday in Fremont and want to know what documents I should have to start applying for rebates etc.

Thanks in advance!
I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow in Freemont also. Have you received an email with your contract?

I’m supposed to be taking delivery tomorrow in Freemont also. Have you received an email with your contract?
What’s the name of the contract? Do you mean the MVPA?

I did receive couple of things:
1. Pro forma MVPA
2. Final MVPA
3. This morning the MVPA disappeared and I answered series of questions on my account to confirm details. Now it’s asking for payment but no time to do ACH so got cashiers check.

Sorry, wrong answer.

Irrelevant. Customers are dealing with Tesla not 3rd party.

OP, congratulations! What color/spec did you get? Looks like you were able to get going after that initial hiccup.
It’s relevabt when cus
What’s the name of the contract? Do you mean the MVPA?

I did receive couple of things:
1. Pro forma MVPA
2. Final MVPA
3. This morning the MVPA disappeared and I answered series of questions on my account to confirm details. Now it’s asking for payment but no time to do ACH so got cashiers check.
yeah, I guess. The same thing happened today on my account. Are you interpreting that to mean everything is good to go for tomorrow?

Other than Insurance, DL and payment of balance, do you have anything else?

It’s relevabt when cus

yeah, I guess. The same thing happened today on my account. Are you interpreting that to mean everything is good to go for tomorrow?

Other than Insurance, DL and payment of balance, do you have anything else?
Green light so far. 3....2....1....we have liftoff.

Nothing else to do but show up with wifey and payment. Kind of holding my breath hoping nothing goes wrong.

Reactions: P85_DA
I guess I was expecting an email from the contracting people. I kept hearing about it. Never got anything but did do the update today on the website.

Ok here is to hoping everything is smooth!

You should've received mail once Tesla e-signs off on the final purchase agreement with the subject "Final DelyDocs ..."

In any event, you should be set if all you are seeing is the ACH/payment info on the web :)

Tesla had 11k+ Model 3's in transit at the end of Q2, are producing 5k more every week and they don't have the people or infrastructure (yet?) to do get deliveries right. As it seems, they are rushing the cars out to catch up to try and clear those parking lots filled with cars.

The first owners had to deal with panel gaps and paint issues, new owners now have to deal with dirty cars. What do you prefer?

Tesla is growing at an explosive rate and it is telling by the issues they have. Things haven't changed that much from 2012 and probably won't until growth slows down to a manageble rate. Tesla's infrastructure needs to catch up with the sales volume.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
I'm not sure if the OP knows, but this is becoming company policy because of ramp-up. You can read a little bit more about it here:

Tesla tries to get Model 3 buyers out the door in 5 mins during delivery as it ramps up

Even though it's company policy, I'm in the same boat. Spending this much money on a single product, I would at the very least want someone ensuring I have absolutely no worries when I drive off the lot.

Like most people on these forums, I know pretty much everything I need to and have read and watched every piece of literature of video related to the car. Nevertheless, I don't think 5 minutes would be enough for me to comfortably drive away.