TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vessel To Fit Model 3 Cup Holder

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SkagitDoug, Aug 30, 2018.

1. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

I'm not familiar with the cup holders in the Model X, but I know the ones in the Model S are adjustable.

That not being the case with the cup holders in the Model 3, has anyone found a specific brand, model and capacity of vacuum insulated tumbler, without a handle, that fits very shuggly in the cup holders in the Model 3?

The best I have found for my Model 3 is the Contigo Byron in either the 16 or 20 ounce size, but neither fits snuggly, leading to fluid in the vessels slopping out of the sip-hole unless the opening is sealed (which makes drinking a burden).

Thanks for you help, and I'm hoping others have had more luck with this issue than I!

I know this may seem trivial to others, but the the tumbler's fit in the cup Contigo Byrong in Model 3 Cup Holder.jpg holder allow coffee -- which is acidic! -- to slosh out of the cup and spil onto the copnsole on its way to collecting in the holder.

2. redhooker

redhooker Member

I use a 20 oz Yeti cup with the magnetic closeing on a plastic lid.

• Like x 1
  3. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

I use these IKEA bags that fold into a pouch in the oversized cup holders in my Model S to keep beverages with a smaller diameter snugly in place. A bean bag might also probably work well too.
    E1412A61-F105-453B-A488-21FF5EE8133B.jpeg
    639D914C-5AC5-4867-AD46-3CEBBCAAF968.jpeg
    5D5E87A1-03B6-4222-8A27-1B84D9008AF4.jpeg

4. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

Thank you @Daniellane, I like those bags! If you have the formal name IKEA uses for the bags, or the iten number that'd help my search, thanks! I searched both eBay and IKEA's site, but with no success.

5. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

#5 SkagitDoug, Aug 30, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    @redhookder: Thanks for the Yeti idea, I've heard good words about then on other sites. Would the one you prefer be referred to as the Rambler?

6. Daniellane

Daniellane Active Member

KNALLA
    Link:
    KNALLA Shopping bag - IKEA

3102334F-2E04-4920-B57A-D290ED3433FF.jpeg
    0899CDA5-FA73-4414-8A38-36BF7C2D3CF3.jpeg

7. jdrsteiny

jdrsteiny New Member

I have a Yeti 20 oz Rambler and can vouch for the fit in the Model 3. It's as if the Model 3's cup holders were made for this Yeti, the fit is perfectly snug, maybe a millimeter or two gap all the way around.

8. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

#8 SkagitDoug, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Thanks, jdrsteiny, that must have been a joy to discover a new car that fit what I'm guessing must be your favorite travel cup! It sounds like the cup's fit in your Model 3 is almost enough to justisfy a drive, just to use the cup!

9. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

10. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

@jdrsteiny I grabbed a couple Brick Red Yeti Rambler insulated tumbers for $22.00 (eBay Item 132766095856), and they do fit like the Model 3 was designed around them, thanks!

11. DSMLVNV

DSMLVNV Member

Can you tell me what size please?

12. SkagitDoug

SkagitDoug Member

I use the 20 ounce Yeti Rambler, which fits perfectly in the cup holders in the Model 3! The 30 ounce Rambler may also fit, but it's so wide the one placed in one of the cup holders would block use of the other.