Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration/juddering at motorway speed Model 3 2021 facelift

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experiencing this? Littlerally collected my car today and instantly felt something wasn't right. Of course I'll report this to tesla, but just curious if anyone else's brand new motor has this issue? My steering feels like it's pulling to the left and my car is shaking through the steering wheel mostly at certain higher speeds. Seems to be more prevelant when cornering at speed however happens on straights too. M3P.

Doesn't feel like a wheel imbalance, more a traction issue.

Anyone else experiencing this? Littlerally collected my car today and instantly felt something wasn't right. Of course I'll report this to tesla, but just curious if anyone else's brand new motor has this issue? My steering feels like it's pulling to the left and my car is shaking through the steering wheel mostly at certain higher speeds. Seems to be more prevelant when cornering at speed however happens on straights too. M3P.

Interesting, you might want to watch toward the end of this video (about 12:15)

Reactions: davidmc and gdallas

I picked mine up today and noticed the same thing

Reactions: gdallas
Hope that's all it is. I will have a look at the settings tomorrow and report back. Fingers crossed its just a lane crossing setting.

Whilst I had a pleasant transaction at Edinburgh today; the car wasn't without Tesla recognised fault. Both parts of my panoramic roof glass need to be replaced because of roughly cut glass. Its bad at two places! Even the tesla reps said so. So when I left to join the motor way I thought wtf is wrong now when it was vibrating away.

Will test tomorrow and report back.

Also collected today and am noticing this at a specific speed (~60mph). Had a similar issue with a different car and the fact it was a specific speed helped narrow it to wheel balancing. It’s not the lane assist for me.

Have a ranger appt for end of the month anyway for other minor issues so I’ll see how bad it is today but I suspect it’s the wheels.

My son picked up his M3LR last night from Edinburgh and on way back M8 has also vibration above 60 from steering. When picking car up I was talking to the handover guy and mentioned to him about this being reported on this forum and he said that a lot of the new facelifts were arriving without the new steering wheel controls so replacement controls or whole new steering wheels were being put on which may be causing this issue.
I dont know how true this is but my son will definitely be contacting them today as this needs to be fixed. The car itself was in brilliant condition.

An update .... we have changed tyre pressures down from the 43psi they were at to 39 and done quite a few high speed runs and my son feels that this has lessened the vibration considerably so maybe car sitting for a while in one spot ??? dont know but he has cancelled his ranger call out as he is now one happy bunny.