Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

vibration noise from the back seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone!

I picked up my MY couple of weeks ago (my first tesla experience) and it's been great! Except for a few fit & finish issues...

Does anyone else have an issue with noise/vibration coming from the back-center seat? I noticed this while driving and found out on any slightly rough roads, it causes the center seat to vibrate against the passenger side seat, producing noise like a vibrating phone. I'm trying to see if I can fix some cloth to prevent the vibration.

Other issues...
I've already been to the service center once to report some paint problems on the hinge of the tailgate. They said they've reported it to the engineers to get the right course of action... not sure what to expect from them.

2nd issue was with the tailgate misalignment. It fit really tight on the right and the gap was much bigger on the left. They did rearrange it during the service, and it did get better but still not perfect.

3rd issue was with the backseat being not aligned. The passenger side seat is a bit more upright and raised about an inch compared to the other 2 seats that are connected. Tesla rep said they have seen this on pretty much all MYs and currently there's no fix for it. They were telling me one of the customers was so adamant about getting this right that they literally pulled out the entire backseat and got the new one installed... but still had the same exact issue. This probably is the least of an issue, but still surprising that they can't figure out the alignment of a folding seat... literally, i've never seen this sort of alignment issue even in 10-20k cars.

I've loved every other aspect of the car so far and am taking all this as part of the whole "Tesla experience", but even then, some of these issues are hard to comprehend sometimes

Does anyone else have an issue with noise/vibration coming from the back-center seat? I noticed this while driving and found out on any slightly rough roads, it causes the center seat to vibrate against the passenger side seat, producing noise like a vibrating phone. I'm trying to see if I can fix some cloth to prevent the vibration.

I have the same issue. It is the center back seat. For me I think it is the carpet backing panel. It flexes. I didn't have this issue initially however the back panels were falling off and misshapen so tesla replaced them and now it rattles like a school bus in the back. Only temporary solution was to have the middle seat lowered which decreased the sound a little. I told tesla and the service center blamed the headrest and told me to have them up a few clicks which of course did nothing.

Hey everyone!

3rd issue was with the backseat being not aligned. The passenger side seat is a bit more upright and raised about an inch compared to the other 2 seats that are connected. Tesla rep said they have seen this on pretty much all MYs and currently there's no fix for it. They were telling me one of the customers was so adamant about getting this right that they literally pulled out the entire backseat and got the new one installed... but still had the same exact issue. This probably is the least of an issue, but still surprising that they can't figure out the alignment of a folding seat... literally, i've never seen this sort of alignment issue even in 10-20k cars.

Edit - we had this issue as well and even though Service told us it was "within spec" when we dropped the car off, they fixed it as well at the same they fixed the vibration noise