Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibrations at ~30 mph?

RobW2428

Jul 6, 2016
Richmond, VA (& Nags Head, NC)
My wife is having an issue with her X. When accelerating she gets a strange vibration right around 30mph. To me, it almost feels like the tires are over-spinning or something. Not saying they are.... just saying it's what it makes me think of when it happens.

Service Center told her it's acceptable or something like that. Have any of you heard/felt anything like what I'm describing?

Thanks,
Rob

r0xx0r

Jul 9, 2016
CA
My wife is having an issue with her X. When accelerating she gets a strange vibration right around 30mph. To me, it almost feels like the tires are over-spinning or something. Not saying they are.... just saying it's what it makes me think of when it happens.

Service Center told her it's acceptable or something like that. Have any of you heard/felt anything like what I'm describing?

Thanks,
Rob
On a road with bad lane marks (or no lane marks but has some cracks), the lane departure warning might be your problem.

animorph

Apr 1, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Yep, sounds like acceleration shudder, common to just about all X's. It'll be less if you leave the air suspension in low instead of standard. However that might cause uneven tire wear (mine seems OK so far).

carlshome

Sep 27, 2015
Los Altos, CA
I had a shudder and they replaced the half shafts. They said some shudder was normal, and after the replacement it was indeed notably reduced. But a year later I have an even more prominent shudder than originally. I get it even with very moderate acceleration now. I will complain at my two year service.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC