Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibrations from the rear? Around 30-50mph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all, never take your car to a Tesla SC unless you have no other choice! In this case you should take it to a place that deals with tires and suspension day in and day out. It sounds like a wheel balance issue, which is easy to check and easy to fix. Certainly where I would start.
It’s a new car. Trying to avoid spending $ if it can be done under warranty.

Did new tires and your own rebalancing work?
I noticed a minor improvement after replacing the two defective tires. But vibration/shudder is still there. SC says car is normal ( I had 0 hopes to be honest and not surprised). Could be an issue with the half shaft that the pre refresh models suffered with. My other 100k ICE car drives like a dream compared to this. I am contemplating selling the X

Reviving this thread....2023 MXP with 1k miles and the vibration happens on a straight smooth road between 20-40 MPH (and not the acceleration vibration) and it makes my lower back feel like i'm sitting in a massage chair. The passenger seat is visibly shaking as well to the point that a bag sitting in the seat will be shaking enough to be noticeable. A few things we've done so far:

1. Road force balanced the tires, did not solve the problem.
2. Consistent tire pressure, same thing.
3. Adjusted ride heights, handling, suspension in the settings, same thing.

We took it to the service center and the tech couldn't really feel it so we went for a test drive and noticed it enough to keep the vehicle and they will use a measurement thing they have to see 'where' the vibrations are coming from by sending the analytics to Tesla engineers at HQ.

So while we wait on that feedback, has anyone had this problem solved?! Against our Model Y loaner, it's a night and day difference compared to smooth vs vibrating ride comfort. Overall, feeling deflated and getting to a point of getting tired of this quality from Tesla and selling it if it's not fixed. My body still feels the vibrations after rides, it's horrible.

Update....replaced front tires, same thing, no change. I guess we should be happy we have constant massage chairs?
Very frustrating indeed. I went on this journey too. Tesla in PA area do not a high speed balancer. I went through 3 sets of tires. Everyone said it was the tires needing wheel alignment and Balancing.

Finally, my local Lexus dealer was able to fix the issues. 2 rims were slightly bent, but didn't cause any vibration. they Balanced the tires, speeding over 70 mph with no issues. I was very happy when I got my X back from the Lexus dealer.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj