Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Victoria Registrations - the most short sighted legislation of the year award!

meloccom

Moderator Aus/NZ
Feb 11, 2008
Sydney Australia
Didn't the Victorian energy minister or transport minister attend the Richmond SC opening? Would she (I think) be approachable on this, perhaps via a semi-public method such as twitter?
I would say that would come under the Victorian Minister of Roads which is currently The Hon Luke Donnellan
Twitter Handle @LukeDonnellan

Yes, had this same argument last week with four of the 'senior' experts at Vic Roads in Heatherton, where I can personally attest to the fact that there is absolutely no room for logic in that organisation. If I hadn't already wasted a trip to Carltin Vic Roads the week prior only to have my application rejected on a minor technicality, I would have escalated the argument. Yes it's only $100 but the principal seems pretty obvious.

Anyway, in light of the enormous amount of luxury car tax that is generated by these sales (and one wonders why this hasn't been eliminated - 0 [thats 0] emissions), this amount and argument does appear moot.

But I suppose I should write a letter...

It would seem that a few letters to the minister for waffle- (opened the Tesla Richmond site) is in order. Plus the Vicroads guys.... Surrounded by idiots... The degradation of the human spirit begins with a bureaucrat covering their arse rather than doing the job. Then we all just accept it.. When logic escapes what replaces it?

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see you havent died Higgy! Go get ':cursing:ém.

We are pretty tolerant in Sydney, but that may be going too far! Nescafé really?!
I thought this was a motoring forum?
but since coffee has been raised, its way better at my place. Qld beans personally micro roasted at coastal elevation in adelaide, and importantly in the presence of my tesla, so no added petrol fumes to spoil the flavour and aroma.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC