Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Victoria Registrations - the most short sighted legislation of the year award!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have received my renewal and no discount so rang Vic Roads.

The hybrid discount does not apply to Teslas it only applies to hybrids as defined as driven by "both electricity and fuel"...as the Tesla is electricity only it does not receive the discount!

Now this is one of the funniest rulings ever!

Cheers
Higgy

Yes, had this same argument last week with four of the 'senior' experts at Vic Roads in Heatherton, where I can personally attest to the fact that there is absolutely no room for logic in that organisation. If I hadn't already wasted a trip to Carltin Vic Roads the week prior only to have my application rejected on a minor technicality, I would have escalated the argument. Yes it's only $100 but the principal seems pretty obvious.

Anyway, in light of the enormous amount of luxury car tax that is generated by these sales (and one wonders why this hasn't been eliminated - 0 [thats 0] emissions), this amount and argument does appear moot.

But I suppose I should write a letter...

It would seem that a few letters to the minister for waffle- (opened the Tesla Richmond site) is in order. Plus the Vicroads guys.... Surrounded by idiots... The degradation of the human spirit begins with a bureaucrat covering their arse rather than doing the job. Then we all just accept it.. When logic escapes what replaces it?

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see you havent died Higgy! Go get ':cursing:ém.