Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video: 2013 Tesla Model S P85 vs 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Z51 Racing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We need another gear or something! Corvette really starts pulling away at the end.

No reason for another gear since the Vette was pulling away in the second race at speeds well over the legal limit! It won by a tony fraction of a second. Who cares? I want Tesla-style acceleration in a speed range I can actually use, and that's what the Model S gives me.

+1 @ecarfan. The acceleration at low-speeds on the Model S is excellent. The Corvette is great, too, but it's noisy and rumbles as it accelerates. The Model S has the space-ship whine and wind noise, no gear-shifting stutter, provides that mind-numbing super smooth acceleration, and the accelerator responds at the speed of electrons. Then there's technology, cargo space, number of passengers/family car, etc. Both are great cars, but IMHO, there's more to a car than it being able to win a street race. I suppose if I had to race, I'd pull out the Bugatti Veyron card... but I don't have one. :)

That it's even close is a big loss for the 'Vette. It's a 2-seater dedicated sports car. Model S is a "sporty" four-door that outweighs it by 1300lbs and has a 39HP/17ft-lb handicap. Pretty embarrassing for the 'Vette, IMHO.

Why is it a big loss for the Vette? you do realize there are ICE sedans/family cars that will outrun the Vette
Audi S8 and Panamera Turbo come to mind. You can make any car fast.

Hey - car designed for racing is pretty much equaled by a family sedan!

Chevelle SS asked me to run against - I told him "You really want to take a chance on a car beating you that's not designed specifically to do it?" (His date was sitting in the passenger seat.)

He deferred.