Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video about Gruber Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Huh, that's a very recent video. My car, #501, is in a few of those shots and Gruber has had it for the past 3-1/2 weeks. I was just there last week for a small non-Roadster issue and posted this photo in another thread:

Dropbox - IMG_0182.JPG - Simplify your life

From talking to Peter, there are potentially some VERY interesting things on the horizon with Gruber, Tesla, and our original Roadsters. If they come to fruition, it would be good for all parties.

Huh, that's a very recent video. My car, #501, is in a few of those shots and Gruber has had it for the past 3-1/2 weeks. I was just there last week for a small non-Roadster issue and posted this photo in another thread:

Dropbox - IMG_0182.JPG - Simplify your life

From talking to Peter, there are potentially some VERY interesting things on the horizon with Gruber, Tesla, and our original Roadsters. If they come to fruition, it would be good for all parties.

Without giving away too much, does one of those things rhyme with "battery upgrade"?

Gruber is also looking into ways to upgrade the pack with new cells however Pete told me that it is commercially difficult to make it viable on a low number of packs. So we wait if the signs and rumours are true about Tesla coming with a 3.5 pack of some sort end year 2019.

Yeah the small scale seems to be the limiting factor to all things Roadster related.

As a side note, does anyone know where the rumors about a new battery pack even started? I've googled it and can't find anything. Is it basically just word of mouth from service center employees?

(I'm embarrassed by the early -ve reaction on here to Pete trying to promote his early Roadster Repair business ... which was to help US )
Having the additional repair resources available will prove ever more important as time passes. However, the reason for the early negative reaction is that he did not try to build a relationship with the forum in a smart and tactful manner.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mark77a
I thought that this would be interesting to some people here.

Thank you for sharing these great videos. Kudos to Peter Gruber for having the vision, technical knowledge and skill, artistry, and soul to undertake this. We salute you! No doubt my Roadster #243 or its PEM will visit the Gruber workshop someday. (Hopefully not for awhile - so far so good, with 6200 fabulously enjoyable miles and a CAC of 157. Time will tell....)

Reactions: Mark77a